Landscape Maintenance Skilled Laborer
Landscaping responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Foreman in training on all aspects of landscape grounds management services.
- Digging, planting, raking, watering and clean-up of landscapes.
- Load and unload heavy equipment and planting materials from trucks.
- Collection of company owned equipment and tools at the end of the day.
- May be asked to help in other divisions such as installation or floriculture as needed.
- May be asked to help with snow removal in winter months.
Safe operation of the following landscaping equipment:
- Mowers - push, walk-behind and riding
- Tills, aerators, slit seeders (On occasion wheel tractors)
- Edger, string trimmers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers
- Backpack sprayers and blowers
- Hand tools such as shovels, picks, rakes and pruning tools
- All positions have room for growth if the candidate meets the proper qualifications and has a positive attitude.
- If this is not the right opportunity for you then please check out our opportunities with Branches and Satellites across the state in: Apex, Clayton, Charlotte, Durham, Huntersville, Pittsboro, Seven Lakes, Supply, Wake Forest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Bland Landscaping Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks
- Must wear work boots, Bland landscaping uniforms and present yourself in a clean and polite manner
- Must practice safety with chemicals and equipment
- Must wear company-provided eye and ear protection as required
- Must have good communication skills and ability to motivate others
- Must be willing to obtain NC pesticide applicator's license
- Valid NC Driver's license and good driving record preferred
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must comply with Bland's policies and procedures
This position is located in Apex, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.