Home Health Scheduler
Under the direction of the Home Care Coordinators, the Home Health Scheduler will coordinate participants visits, matching the schedule with PAS attendants’ availability and suitability, to ensure participants receive in-home services as schedule.
1. Assist with coordinating individualized care, assigning the appropriate PAS attendant to help deliver optimal in-home care services.
2. Responsible for identifying available PAS attendants for the initiation of in-home care services.
3. Attends daily meetings with the Home Care Coordinators to review the daily schedule and case status.
4. Responsible for covering PAS attendants' scheduled days off, unscheduled absences, and enforceable events.
5. Responsible for reviewing the Temporary Coverage Assignment Orientation form with the assigned covering PAS attendant, obtaining signatures of acceptance of the assignment, and delivering the form to Medical Records for uploading the document to EMR to comply with regulations.
6. Responsible for updating the Availability and Refusal form documenting absences and coverages for their assigned PAS attendants panel.
7. Maintains and updates PAS Attendant's schedule throughout the day. Delivering the daily schedule to the Home Care Coordinators at the beginning and at the end of their shifts with updated information.
8. Monitors the correlation of documentation between the Service Plan form, in and out time stamps in TimeForce, and Service Deliver Record to comply with regulations.
9. Responsible for locating PAS attendants to communicate messages and important information and updates for the appropriate delivery of care to the participant.
10. Posts monthly chore hours on Monthly Service Utilization Report Sheet.
11. Works with the Home Care Coordinator LVN to monitor PAS attendants' weekly schedule to avoid overtime by adjusting their schedule as needed.
12. Assist the Home Care Coordinator LVN in approving PAS attendants' PTO requests by reviewing the schedule for the dates requested to avoid service interruption.
13. Assist the Home Care Coordinators with the delivery of proper Personal Protective Equipment, obtain HR forms signatures (TB, Relationship forms, Flu consents, etc.), and develop informational packages for the PAS monthly in-services.
14. Responsible for completing the Service Delivery Record Excel form by documenting and updating the most recent Assigned Tasks, scheduled authorized hours for two weeks’ pay periods, Actual hours worked for two weeks’ pay periods, and explanation for changes made to the timesheet. Once complete, the scheduler will sign and obtain the Home Care Coordinator LVN signature to scan it in the F drive and deliver the original form to Medical Records to upload into the EMR.
15. Attend IDT meetings to represent Home Care, take notes, and provide information to the Home Care Coordinators when they are unavailable to attend the meeting.
16. Review the appointments schedule list on a daily basis to modify hours of PAS services according to the participant appointments and center attendance schedule.
17. Work in collaboration with the Home Care Coordinators to provide training to the new Home Health Scheduler personnel. Provide reinforcement of teaching as needed.
18. Responsible for Home Care incoming calls, checking email and voicemail, and addressing any issues immediately to the Home Care Coordinators for guidance to provide prompt assistance to the participant.
19. Complete the mandatory Relias training, attend mandatory meetings, and adhere to the Home Health Department Policies.
20. Notify the PAS attendant of important monthly meetings and training.
21. Responsible for scheduling the PAS attendant to the annual Skills Fair, adjusting their schedule, finding coverage, and notifying the participants or their representatives of any changes made.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have a proficient knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point.
2. Ability to use Google Maps.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Good organizational skills.
5. Computer skills.
6. Ability to work under stress.
7. Ability to organize staff (PAS Attendants) without close supervision.
8. Ability to discern and reason through issues making appropriate independent decision impacting the care needs of participants.
9. Maintain effective working relationships with staff.
10. Demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
11. Detail oriented and Proactive.
12. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Prior relevant experience related to position preferred.
This position is located in El Paso. View the Google Map in full screen.