Certified Nurse Assistant (SCU Aide)
Special Care Unit (SCU) Aide directly serves elderly participants with cognitive and physical impairments in the SCU Program. SCU Aide workers will perform diverse activities throughout the course of a workday. The activity program is an integral component of the center’s operation and is designed to support participant’s care plan, facilitate independence, communication and self-esteem. Their responsibilities include personal care, assisting with ADL’s and cognitive intervention skills and general support of the program structure. The SCU Aide may also serve as backup for the SCU Activity Coordinator if designated as such. Services may include but are not limited to: bathing, toileting, dressing/grooming, feeding, changing linen, laundry, walking/transferring, cleaning, arts/crafts, social activities, passing trays, exercise.
1. Must have excellent communication skills, be flexible, and able to adapt to changes.
2. Able to assist with group activities.
3. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
4. Strong computer skills.
5. A dependable individual with an interest, understanding and appreciation for the elderly.
1. Must have High School Diploma or equivalency.
2. Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Texas.
3. One year of experience working with the frail or elderly population.
4. CPR and Food Handlers Card.
This position is located at 2300 McKinley, El Paso. View the Google Map in full screen.