The Daycare Escort is responsible for accompanying participants to medical specialty appointments, overseeing the safety of the participant during appointments, and for assisting with ADLs as needed while at the appointment. When not assigned to Escort duty, the position will assist in the center adult day care as assigned by the Floor Manager.
1. Ability to handle confidential data according to policy and procedure and HIPPA.
2. Ability to work with the elderly and participants in varying stages of dementia.
3. Must possess good time management skills.
4. Ability to understand and follow specific instructions.
5. Ability to read and write English.
6. Demonstrate the ability to effectively provide personal care needed to participants attending appointments (transfers, toileting, ambulating, etc.).
7. Demonstrate ability to follow directions, document schedule information and make written adjustments to schedule on a daily basis as required.
8. Demonstrate ability to maintain written schedules.
9. Demonstrate ability to remain focused and exercise critical thinking if participant experiences medical issues during appointments.
10. Hands-on experience in the care of physically or mentally disabled participants.
11. Understand participant, home environment, aging and family dynamics.
12. Understand relationships among participant, family members and escort.
13. Be flexible in adjusting to participants schedule regarding changes in their appointments.
14. Be able to discern participant’s moods, needs and desires.
15. Be able to control and conduct tasks in the field environment.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
3. Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Texas preferred.
4. Must have minimum one year experience caring for the frail elderly.
5. Must be CPR certified and must have a current Food Handler’s Card.
6. Experience in delivering personal care.
7. Bilingual preferred (English / Spanish).
8. Reliable transportation with valid Texas Driver’s License and current proof of insurance.
9. Required to attend twelve hours of in-service training per year. (Monthly in-services will be provided).
10. Must attend Annual Skills Fair to ensure all position competencies are current and demonstrated.
11. Will maintain current all immunizations, as required by Bienvivir Human Resources and Infection Control policies.
This position is located at 2300 McKinley Ave., El Paso. View the Google Map in full screen.