Licensed Professional Counselor / Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Under the direction of the Social Work Manager, the Licensed Professional Counselor provides behavioral health support to BSHS participants in need of these services including individual or group counseling. Provides cross site psychosocial support and education to IDT members.
1. Provides psychosocial support to BSHS participants with mental health and substance abuse issues. Initiates comprehensive psychosocial assessment including diagnoses, treatment plan, and recommendations. Current medications and medical conditions are reviewed.
2. After initial assessment, provides feedback to Interdisciplinary Team regarding a plan of care and recommends referral to psychiatrist when appropriate.
3. Serves as a resource to the IDT in problem-solving participant behavioral health issues and in care planning for effective management of behavioral health issues.
4. Aggressively manages participants at risk for in-patient collaborating with caregiver and staff in an educative and supportive role.
5. Monitors participants who are discharged from inpatient psychiatric hospitalizations.
6. Documents ongoing treatment and response in EMR in a timely manner.
7. Conducts ongoing individual or group counseling when needed.
8. Provides educational training to IDT on Behavioral Health topics as needed.
A. Excellent oral and written communication skills
B. Knowledge of psychosocial health issues of geriatric population
C. Excellent problem solving skills
D. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within the context of the Interdisciplinary Team
A. Masters Degree in Counseling
B. Licensed in the State of Texas as LPC
C. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
D. Minimum 3 years clinical experience with a geriatric population preferred
E. CPR certified
This position is located at 2300 McKinley Ave., El Paso. View the Google Map in full screen.