Manager of Partner Recruiting (Hybrid)
Ballard Spahr has a newly-created position available for a Manager of Partner Recruiting. Reporting to the Chief Partner Recruiting Officer (CPRO), the Manager will collaborate daily with the CPRO and firm leadership on all activities relating to the sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding of new partners and groups of lawyers. The Manager will be responsible for targeting and sourcing activities; overseeing research on strategic growth areas; responding to outside recruiter calls; conducting due diligence on candidates; organizing interviews, and managing all firm-wide administrative activities connected with partner recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding. This is hybrid position and offers a work schedule of 3 days a week in Philadelphia, Minneapolis or Washington, DC office.
The Manager of Partner Recruiting will:
- Gather market research on firms and candidates.
- Manage interview process for lateral partner candidates.
- Serve as point of contact for candidates, outside recruiters, and internal stakeholders.
- Interface with Risk Management and Client Value and Innovation Departments.
- Interface with the Marketing Department to create recruiting and onboarding materials.
- Develop and analyze reports and projections regarding market trends in diversity, legal recruiting, and retention.
- Design and oversee orientation programs for new partner and lawyer groups.
- Create and manage internal processes to support the continued success of our partner recruiting and onboarding program.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills, and the ability to multitask and work in a deadline driven environment. Professional demeanor, good judgment, understanding of the need to exercise confidentially and discretion required. The ability and willingness to travel and to work more than 40 hours per week, if needed to perform essential job functions.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of law firm recruiting and management experience or experience in professional services industries required, advanced degree preferred. A strong understanding of business and ethical issues inherent in law firm recruiting efforts and the ability to evaluate and assist in addressing them. Must be proficient with recruiting technology such as viDesktop and Leopard Solutions, research software and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Ballard Spahr is committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession and to supporting the communities where we live and work. People from all backgrounds are valued and integrated into every part of the firm. Diverse candidates including women, people of color and members of the LGBTQAI+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The firm is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
This position is located at 1735 Market Street, 51st Floor, Philadelphia, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.