Ballard Spahr, a national law firm with 15 U.S. locations seeks an experienced writer/editor for its Marketing Communications team. Our writer/editor will oversee the firm’s legal alerts and serve as the lead writer and editor for website content, collateral materials, nominations, and other communications. This position reports to the Digital Communications Manager and can be remote if located in Arizona, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, South Dakota or Utah.
- Editing, proofreading, and securing approvals for the firm’s electronic client alerts, including adherence to firm style and branding guidelines.
- Demonstrating proficiency in, and willingness to learn, the firm’s technical applications and document management system, including MS Office suite, iManage, Vuture, and other platforms.
- Collaborating with lawyers, staff and colleagues to create and maintain accurate and effective website content, collateral materials, announcements, lawyer bios, awards submissions, and press releases.
- Providing guidance and support on writing and editing, both one-on-one and via group presentations. Maintaining and updating the firm’s written style guidelines.
- Assisting in efforts to track and measure the effectiveness of the firm’s marketing materials.
- Working with the public relations team to identify and leverage media opportunities, send legal alerts to the media, and aid in the creation of new communications initiatives.
Our writer/editor must be detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet daily deadlines with poise, professionalism, and a customer service mindset. The writer/editor should possess the ability to translate complex subject matter into accurate, concise, readable, and compelling copy for a broad market. Strong organizational and project management skills, diplomacy, sound judgment, and the ability to work independently are required.
The ideal candidate has at least five years of professional writing experience, with at least three years of experience working in a professional services or corporate setting. The individual should have demonstrated skill as both a writer and editor, knowledge of the legal industry and business issues, and an expert command of grammar, spelling, and Chicago Manual and AP style.
Resume, cover letter and salary requirements are required.
Ballard Spahr is committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession and to supporting the communities where we live and work. People from all backgrounds are valued and integrated into every part of the firm. Diverse candidates including women, people of color and members of the LGBTQAI+ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The health, safety and well-being of our Ballard community is a top priority. Therefore, all lawyers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. In connection with this policy, we will require proof of vaccination. We believe this is the best way for us to fulfill our legal obligation to provide a safe workplace, which has been and continues to be a top priority as we manage the many challenges of the pandemic. If you have any questions regarding the firm’s vaccination policy, please contact our Human Resources Department at HRD@ballardspahr.com.
The Firm is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
This position is located in Philadelphia, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.