Electrical and/or Instrumentation Technician
Manufacturing and Operations
- Provide assistance and technical support necessary to solve operations and maintenance problems. Responsibilities include calibrations, preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks and repairs necessary to maintain mill assets.
- Requires the ability to work extended hours, shiftwork, weekends, holidays and respond to after hour calls.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Possess the competence and have the initiative to learn the technology necessary to support the Mill
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills
- A motivated self starter with excellent work ethic and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with SAP, MWS or an equivalent CMMS.
- Must be an electrical or instrumentation journeyman OR
- Have an associate’s degree in Electrical, Electro Mechanical Technology, Instrumentation or equal.
- At least two (2) years of recent industrial maintenance experience
- Proven and demonstrated commitment to safety procedures and policies
- DC/AC drive and drive control systems experience. (Preferably GE)
- Demonstrated understanding of Pulp & Paper equipment, processes, and systems
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written & verbal) to all levels of the organization
- Recognizes and supports training and personal development
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, prioritize, and make timely decisions in emergency situations
- Working knowledge and support of planning and scheduling functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of predictive/preventive maintenance programs
Preferred experience in:
- Manufacturing environment