Human Resources Sr Generalist - Labor Relations
The Sr. HR Generalist will develop and lead Human Resource practices and objectives to provide an engaged, productive and challenging work environment. Areas of responsibility include labor & employee relations, HRIS and analytical reporting, benefits, organizational development, training, talent management & staffing, performance management, compensation, and workers compensation administration.
- Provide leadership coaching and training for managers, supervisors and key mill leaders. This position will be responsible for supporting multiple departments/areas of the mill.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and managers at all levels
- Ensure proper administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement/s (CBA) for areas of responsibility.
- Lead grievance meetings, investigation, issuing of discipline and other contractual issues for area/s of responsibility.
- Manage administrative systems that support the CBA and labor relations processes.
- Leads or assists in labor relation activities, including arbitration and negotiations as needed.
- Promote and facilitate changes in the hourly work environment to increase employee engagement and productivity.
- Ability to lead change or process improvement projects to their end result to include, efficiency improvement, cost reduction and implementing nontraditional or high performing work systems.
- Lead and/or participate in the hourly production and craft hiring processes.
- Assist with salaried recruiting for positions across the mill in a back-up role.
- Assist in the sites college recruitment efforts.
- Participate in or lead new team member orientation process.
- Lead or assist in the development of employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive working relationship.
- Lead or assist in talent management initiatives for the mill or area of responsibility.
- Manage HR analytic data for the department. Responsible for all headcount reporting and tracking.
- With coordination from the Mill nurse, manage the site’s worker’s compensation and return to work program.
- Experience in applying organizational development and training principles.
- Extensive experience in labor relations, employee benefits, compensation, and HRIS systems.
- Ability to define and implement strategic initiatives.
- Arbitration and negotiation experience.
- Be a strong agent for change.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of applicable employment and labor law.
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to collaboratively work with and/or lead teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field and 5-7 years of experience in human resources or related experience.
- Pulp and Paper Industry or heavy 24/7 manufacturing experience preferred.
Billerud NA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.