Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist will develop and lead Human Resource practices and objectives to provide an engaged, productive and challenging work environment. Areas of responsibility include labor & employee relations, HRIS and analytical reporting, benefits, organizational development, training, talent management & staffing, performance management, compensation, and workers compensation administration.
- Provide leadership coaching and training for managers, supervisors and key mill leaders.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and managers at all levels.
- Promote and facilitate changes in the hourly work environment to increase employee engagement and productivity.
- Lead the hourly production, clerical and craft hiring process.
- Assist with salaried recruiting for positions across the mill in a back-up roll.
- Assist in the sites college recruitment efforts and manage coop staffing.
- Participate in or lead new team member orientation process.
- Assist in the development of employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive working relationship.
- Provide HR support to assigned business units and provide a one stop shop for HR services.
- Administer the Collective Labor Agreements (CBA) and coordinate the grievance process for assigned areas of the mill.
- Manage administrative systems that support the CBA and labor relations processes.
- Assists in labor relation activities, including the discipline and grievance process, labor agreement/s administration and negotiations as needed.
- With coordination with the Mill nurse, manage the site’s worker’s compensation and return to work program.
- Support HRIS and headcount reporting as assigned.
- Grade level will be based on candidates experience, knowledge and skills and ability to progress through the grade levels.
- Experience in applying organizational development and training principles.
- Working knowledge of labor relations, employee benefits, compensation, organizational development, training and HRIS systems.
- Ability to define and implement strategic initiatives.
- Be a strong agent for change.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of applicable employment and labor law.
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to contribute to and/or lead various teams.
- Communication, interpersonal, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field and/or 3-8 years of experience in human resources or related experience. Educational level can be filled with additional job-related experience.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Masters Degree and/or SHRM certification
- Negotiations and/or arbitration
- Recruiting and talent management
Billerud NA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.