HRIS Benefits Analyst
Purpose: The Benefits Analyst plays a critical role in the support, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the HRIS System (Ceridian Dayforce), specifically the Dayforce Benefits module. Billerud North America (BNA) contracts with Ceridian Managed Benefits Services, a third-party benefits management service which utilizes Ceridian Dayforce (BNA’s HRIS solution). This position acts as liaison between the Managed Services team and the local Benefits team to accurately define benefit plan and process requirements as related to benefit system configuration and utilization for the desired result.
- Provide HRIS/Benefits system administration, subject matter expertise, and Tier 1 customer support to the Billerud North America (BNA) Benefits Team.
- Work closely with the BNA Benefits Team, the BNA HRIS and Payroll Team, as well as the Ceridian Managed Benefits Team on various HRIS/Benefits responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Ensure proper understanding of roles and responsibilities between the In-house (Benefits & HRIS teams) and outsourced (Ceridian Managed Benefits team and/or Value Added Services)
- CI/ACC monthly reporting to Lincoln Financial
- Pension bi-weekly reporting to Transamerica
- Monitor file failures/discrepancy reports for 401(k), WEX (COBRA) fall out, Anthem eligibility discrepancies
- Monitor system admin workflow errors
- Review marital status update request
- Review / escalate to resolve life event errors
- Assist the BNA Benefits team to optimize manual processes related to custom or ad hoc needs or processes not otherwise supported systematically or by the Managed Services Team.
- Create and maintain end-user procedures and process flows associated with Dayforce Benefits processes.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Managed Services Team to review data associated with vendor performance as well as review the status of outstanding issues.
- Coordinate with Dayforce Support and/or Dayforce Value Added Services (VAS) with respect to Benefits system issues, enhancements, or new configuration; Manage and work to completion outstanding Benefits tickets.
- Manage the annual HRIS project to configure and implement upcoming year benefits plans in time for Open Enrollment, including any associated Value Added Services (VAS) carrier feed/file changes.
- Build, manage, and deliver standard and/or customized reports as requested by the BNA Benefits Team; may also deliver reports to vendors or other stakeholders as needed.
- Stay abreast of system updates, enhancements, software releases, hot fixes, etc.; evaluate release notes, update user procedures accordingly and communicate key changes to end-users.
- Recommend system enhancements or process improvement ideas.
- Analyze and interpret HR and Benefits data as needed to support continuous improvement and ongoing optimization of Benefits Administration Processes.
- Coordinate with HR, HRIS, and Payroll resources as needed.
- Support, maintenance, and continuous improvement of ACA, Benefits Intelligence, and Decision Support [Dayforce] modules.
Other HRIS responsibilities as defined.
Minimum Required Skills:
- HRIS acumen and related system and process management experience is required
- Benefit Plan and/or Benefit Plan Administration acumen and related process management experience is highly desirable
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook is required
- Success in this position will be dependent upon the successful candidate’s ability to quickly learn and become a subject matter expert in Billerud’s HR system, utilizing vendor training, documents, and internal resources.
- Prior experience with system implementation, configuration, or enhancement is a plus
- Prior experience with data analysis and data analytics is a plus
Prior experience with Ceridian Dayforce is a plus
Required Experience and Education:
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or other business-related field
- 3-5 years of experience as an HRIS Analyst
The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
The ability to stay current and be a progressive learner with respect to the capability and functionality of the systems – networking and developing relationships in the vendor community is encouraged, as well as attendance at Vendor conferences.
The internal environment, including interaction with others, policies and practices:
Developing a strong partnership with the HRIS team as well as the BNA Benefits Team will be important to the success of the incumbent in this position. The ability to influence others without having a formal reporting relationship will be a good attribute for the person in this role.
The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
Balancing the many responsibilities and ability to properly organize and prioritize will be important.
Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders will be essential. The ability to translate benefit plan language into systematic function will be critical.
This position reports up through the HRIS Department to the Corporate HR Director.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, and any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, discipline and terminations.
We participate in E-Verify.