Maintenance Electrical & Instrumentation Planner
We challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future
Billerud provides paper and packaging materials that challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future. We are a world leading company in superior paper and packaging materials made from virgin fiber – passionately committed to sustainability, quality, and customer value. The company has ten production units in Sweden, USA, and Finland with around 6100 employees in over 13 countries and customers in over 100 countries.
Billerud's Quinnesec paper mill, located in the beautiful Northwoods of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, is seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Planner to support the maintenance team. Qualified candidates will enjoy working on a team and have a solid understanding of pulp and paper equipment, processes and systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing detailed maintenance job plans that ensure the effective utilization of resources in maintaining mill assets. This includes job scope, parts and skills required and job duration.
- Managing the maintenance task backlog.
- Planning work orders based on the priorities provided by the Operations Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Team Leader.
- Providing work packages to the Maintenance Supervisor/Team Leader including all necessary precision documentation.
- Ensuring the computer-based maintenance management system is up to date and work is closed out once completed.
Plant roots with a company that supports your growth!
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization
- Technically proficient computer skills
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and procedures
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to evaluate actual performance to desired results and make appropriate changes
- Recognizing when to seek and who to seek in decision making processes
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere with peer group to optimize overall mill operations
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and make timely decisions in emergency situations
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Working knowledge and support of planning, scheduling, predictive and preventative maintenance functions
- Working knowledge of manufacturing work systems
- A proven track record in planning, coordination, and leadership roles
- Four (4) years recent electrical and/or instrumentation maintenance experience OR a two/four year technical degree in the electrical and/or instrumentation field with two (2) years industry experience.
Click to Watch - Billerud - Packaging tomorrow.
Click to Watch - The people behind the paper.
Click to View - All Job Openings