Commercial and Supply Chain Finance Director
Accounting and Finance
What if you could go to work and contribute to a sustainable future? Billerud Americas Corp., formerly Verso, is a leading sustainable packaging materials and paper company. We are passionate paper makers committed to providing the best solutions to our customers. It is our goal to deliver a quality product, on time. We offer competitive compensation, full benefits, opportunities for growth and advancement, and an understanding that our people make us successful.
If you are passionate about what you do and driven to do it well, there is a place for you at Billerud!
The Billerud North America Finance and Accounting teams aspires to be a world class Finance and Accounting organization. We partner with our multifunctional leaders to deliver sustained value creation, ensure stewardship, and influence the strategic direction for our business. Our culture is anchored in integrity, trust and transparency and we have a relentless passion to make a difference with the business and organization.
Billerud North America (BNA) is seeking an experienced, strategic thinking, hands-on Director of Finance who will lead our high performing Commercial and Supply Chain Finance team. This is a unique role with the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the overall BNA Business and Finance organization. This position will oversee the Finance team who partner with Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain leaders on customer and product strategies, pricing, and cost savings projects across the supply chain to drive sustained value creation.
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills and be able to see the big picture, and think strategically across the entire business (operations, commercial and supply chain) to maximize value creation. The Director of Commercial and Supply Chain Finance will drive a strong EBITDA and value creation focus across the business and proactively work to improve margin across commercial, operations and supply chain drivers. This position will build collaborative relationships across the organization as well as interact with external stakeholders such as customers, suppliers, and industry associations. The successful candidate will demonstrate high capacity and be able to manage multiple priorities by quickly grasping concepts, focusing on key priorities, and anticipating potential risks and opportunities. The Director and team will consistently deliver proactive financial analysis, performance reporting that evaluates go to market strategies, S&OP choices, and supplier partnerships as well as leading ad-hoc analysis.
- Lead a high performing Commercial and Supply Chain Finance team.
- Ensure talent development and management of all finance employees including, but not limited to, continuous learning and personal development planning, company succession planning, and rotational opportunities.
- Partner with sales, marketing, and operations planning leadership on the business planning process to develop and execute go to market strategies that maximize value creation.
- Drive strategic decision making - utilize data to improve visibility into customer, grade and machine performance and make recommendations to improve EBITDA and value creation.
- Supports identification of business/financial risks and opportunities while incorporating multidisciplinary inputs & views. Partners with sourcing in vendor and supplier risk management.
- Deliver clear, concise, and effective communication of key performance indicators to the BNA executive leadership team. Includes key insights into operational and market trends to drive continuous improvement.
- Leads the customer and product price, mix and volume analysis providing timely communication of any fluctuations between periods.
- Leads competitive analysis incorporating data from various sources (internal and external) and provides a strategic look at key competitors. Keeps up with developments in the competitive environment and proactively provides insight to management.
- Lead the development of data analytic models that generate transparent business insights and decision support by using a combination of functional data sources and applying leading analytics tools and technologies to increase business value.
- Supports Supply Chain and Sourcing on cost reduction initiatives by participating in business improvement projects and validating business cases.
- Partners with Group Finance and Shared Services to understand and communicate month-end variances, company forecasting and the overall business planning process.
- Operates in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Handles special projects and ad-hoc analysis as assigned.
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners at all levels within an organization
- Demonstration of lifetime learning in areas of actionable analytics, change management, project management required
- An inquisitive mind with the ability to identify business needs and influence across teams
- Demonstrates integrity and able to earn trust with the business and the BNA executive team.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced Excel & financial modelling skills. Able to build robust financial models to provide insight into business opportunities.
- Strong financial system / ERP expertise (SAP, COGNOs, Mercury Gate a plus)
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in financial roles in a multi-location and capital intensive manufacturing company
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Supply Chain required, MBA preferred
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, and any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, discipline and terminations.
We participate in E-Verify.