Information Technology Co-Op - End User Computing
Co-Ops and Internships
Billerud NA is now accepting applications for our Co-Op program. The goal of Billerud’s co-op program is to cultivate the development of potential future IT professionals for our organization while providing high-quality process support to the mill’s operations group(s). Co-op assignments are structured to provide candidates with opportunities to grow and develop in their chosen discipline as well as educate them on various career paths within the organization. Although there is no guarantee of future employment, our goal is to have our Co-ops fully capable of stepping into a full-time IT position within our organization by the end of the program.
This is a full time co-op paid position is within our End User Computing (EUC) team for a duration of 7-8 months and will provide real world experience, while complimenting the learning goals provided by the university/college. The co-op will interact with the other members of the EUC team as well as business users to deploy, configure, and support both new and existing systems.
The EUC team supports Verso employees primarily in the areas of PC (hardware and software), server, network and application configuration, use, and troubleshooting.
- Serve as an interface between office IT customers and both the Billerud IT and Billerud Business providing effective communication and information
- Meet specific objectives and goals including; safety metrics, PC refresh targets and incident recovery rates
- Involved in support of one, or a combination of the following Billerud IT disciplines: Standard Desktop Image – Internal / External provided software applications – IT infrastructure (i.e., network)
- Partner with customers who will include; floor personnel, Billerud's Senior Lead Team and their staffs, vendors, and others throughout the organization
- Ensure effective and efficient service delivery to organization
- Participate as a team player
Specific responsibilities of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Provide day-to-day support of PCs, printers, mobile devices, applications, and other IT related equipment and systems
- Work in a team environment with peers throughout Verso IT as well as other external IT resources
- Participate in the Billerud IT cross-functional teams (ie. Desktop Engineering Team)
- Share best practices with other Billerud IT members
- Assist in the implementation of Billerud IT projects
Minimum Required Skills:
- Must have a desire to succeed with strong team orientation
- Must be able to follow written instructions and a defined process
- Must possess the competence necessary and have the will and ability to learn new technologies necessary to support the IT Systems in use
- Demonstrated PC skills including proficiency with MS Windows and MS Office, have an aptitude for PC and server hardware and software, and LAN troubleshooting
- Previous professional IT experience
- Travel may be required. Billerud has two paper mills in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan within 50 miles of each other. There may be opportunities for some work at both locations with one location being the primary work site.
- Currently enrolled in 2 or 4 year IT related degree (Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Security Assurance, or equivalent)
- Must be making significant progress to completing degree
Billerud NA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.