The Electrical and Instrumentation (Reliability) Engineer will interface with all mill business units reporting through the Mill Reliability Manager. The engineer will help solve electrical and instrumentation chronic issues and develop plans to eliminate the issues. The engineer will also help develop and maintain critical key performance indicators to determine the health of the mill electrical and instrumentation equipment throughout the mill.
- Building effective project teams and aligning objectives with business goals.
- Provide engineering leadership and expertise to accomplish technical alternative reviews, develop sound proposals, implementation and startup of projects.
- Coordinate construction resources to efficiently implement and startup projects.
- Manage multiple projects from conception through completion.
- Provide engineering and technical support to mill operations and maintenance.
- Be an advocate of national and local codes, mill specifications, and documentation systems.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the electrical and instrumentation field and manage bad actors lists to develop capital improvement
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) on loss opportunity events
- Can demonstrate effective interpersonal, analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, lead change and drive improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) and MS Project
- Must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with PLCs, Motor Control and AC/DC drives
- Experience with Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and control loop instrumentation
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Project management experience
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Industry experience as an Electrical Engineer or equal