Finance Co-Op - MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
Co-Ops and Internships
Billerud Americas Corporation is seeking talented individuals who desire a career in Accounting or Finance and who are interested in maximizing their education through a co-op partnership opportunity at one of our Manufacturing facilities in Escanaba or Quinnesec, Michigan.
The duration of the Co-op Assignment is 7-8 months during Winter/Spring 2023 or Fall/Winter 2023.
This role will provide accounting and analytical support to Accounting and Finance teams.
- Conducting cost audits
- Preparing and analyzing cost reports
- Interpretation and application of financial policies and accounting standards
- Development of standard work documentation for training purposes
- Investigation analysis and resolutions of variances
- Working with internal customers
- Analysis of current manual tasks and recommendation for automation where necessary
- Other projects as assigned
Minimum Required Skills:
- Ability to interpret financial data and standard cost concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis in Excel. All other Microsoft Office products a plus.
- Self-starter. Quick learner. Motivated to improve self and surroundings. Team player.
- Must have completed sophomore year of college working toward a major in Finance or Accounting
- Must have a basic accounting functional knowledge
- Must be able to commit to an employment period of no less than 7 months in either Winter/Spring 2023 or Fall/Winter 2023.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, and any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, discipline and terminations.
We participate in E-Verify.