Bilingual/Spanish Customer Care Reps (Work from Home)
Positions are full time, work from home
Seeking Bilingual/Spanish speakers
Monday-Friday: 1st shift (no weekends)
Hourly rate: $18.00 per hour
It’s an exciting time to join Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan/Well Sense Health Plan, as we work to support our underserved, disabled and elderly populations with their health insurance in these challenging times! Our Customer Care Reps are the first line of support for providing accurate and thorough information to current and prospective members, providers, and internal customers. You will make a difference for others every day! A role on our Customer Care team has also proven to be an excellent starting point for longer term growth and advancement in our company, with demonstrated skills and a strong performance. We are seeking applicants that are bilingual in Spanish that are able to help us staff our Spanish call lines. Bilingual reps will take calls in both English and Spanish.
Our Investment in You:
- Full time remote work! No more commute, do your work from the comfort of your own home.
- Paid 5 week training period. Bring your enthusiasm and people skills and we will train you on the health insurance business and how to confidently resolve inquiries.
- Excellent benefits program, including a no premium health insurance option.
- One on one mentoring and on the job training. New hire buddy program, Team Assist Line and Ulysses Learning, a leader in customer service and call center learning programs.
- Skills based career progression program within our call center. Opportunity to increase your title and pay based on demonstrated knowledge, abilities and performance.
- Internal employee job bid/application program to grow into roles in other departments.
- Recognition and rewards for high-performance and improvement.
- Employee resource groups for corporate diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Own the interaction with callers by delivering outstanding service as a means to build loyalty, improve retention, and satisfy corporate best in service goals and objectives. Complete responsibility to resolve customer inquiries and problems through effective interaction
- Responds to a high volume of incoming calls from members and providers (call length can vary widely from 5 minutes to 45 minutes or more). Ability to take calls both in Spanish and English.
- Utilizes appropriate resource materials to effectively and accurately interpret‚ respond and resolve customer inquiries and problems; Utilizes interpreter services as needed to assist members
- Maintains knowledge of the Plan contracts and effectively interprets information
- Employs strong interpersonal skills in order to handle difficult calls courteously and professionally.
- Documents calls in accordance with departmental policies
- Works with peers to solve problems and promotes teamwork
- Meets or exceeds department’s quality and productivity goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidates:
- Bilingual in Spanish
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior professional work experience, ideally with Customer Service. It’s ok if you haven’t worked in a call center before, we will train you!
- Outstanding customer service skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a high volume of adjustment requests, multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to make reasonable and sound business decisions based on established standards and guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and to effectively prioritize work. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability and comfort level working from home with access to a high speed internet connection.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position. Ability to work OT during peak periods
More About our Company:
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (BMCHP) is a not-for-profit managed care organization which provides health insurance coverage to residents in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We operate under the name Well Sense Health Plan in New Hampshire. We specialize in programs that support low income, underserved, disabled and elderly populations. We were established in 1997 by Boston Medical Center, the largest safety net hospital in New England and have more than 20 years’ experience delivering accessible care to complex populations.
*BMCHP will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a term of employment for all employees. The company may make exceptions to this requirement in certain limited circumstances for religious or medical purposes.
*Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located in remote. View the Google Map in full screen.