Director, Driver Recruiting
Atlas Van Lines
Atlas Van Lines is comprised of a family of companies that deliver transportation and related services globally through a network of quality agents and select service partners.
Our MISSION: Every day we help you go new places®, with expertise in moving and logistics, bringing the world within reach.
Job Overview: Atlas Van Lines is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and energetic candidate to join our Fleet Corporate Resources team! The Director, PVO Recruiting is responsible for the recruitment and retention of corporate fleet PVO’s. This will include, but not limited, to the following duties: develop new recruiting solutions, develop new retention solutions, and manage the recruiting department.
Other duties and responsibilities might include, but not limited to:
- Develop new and maintain current driver recruiting solutions for the Atlas direct fleets. Work with outside vendors, agencies, and in-house departments. Develop and maintain programs to recruit drivers for Atlas agents.
- Manage the corporate resources driver recruiting/orientation personnel in their day-to-day operations. Oversee the contact from applicants, along with coordinating with other departments on screening and orientation.
- Develop new and maintain current driver retention solutions for the Atlas direct fleets. Will work with in-house departments to improve the retention of our direct fleets.
- Work with Operations to develop communications to keep drivers informed on industry and company activity.
Employment Type & Hours: This full-time position will consist of 40 hours per week. Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, M-F.
Benefits: Medical/vision/dental/life insurance; 401K retirement plan; vacation and holiday pay; flexible work from home opportunities; wellness program; on-site medical clinic; on-site fitness center; training opportunities.
Atlas is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet and Word Processing software such as Microsoft Office is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior phone and/or customer service experience is a plus
- Effective problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask
- Good reasoning ability and detail-oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, agents, and other outside organization
Bachelor’s degree, 8+ years of work-related experience, and/or equivalent combination of both education and experience are required. Previous experience in recruiting and managing a team.
Results are defined; incumbent sets own goals and determines how to accomplish results with few or no guidelines to follow, although past practices may exist; provides broad guidance and overall direction. Individual must be a leader of people, process and programs. Must be able to create a vision and execute on delivering that vision.
Employee may be required to travel about 10% of the time throughout the United States and/or Canada.
This position is located at 1308 St. George Rd., Evansville, IN. View the Google Map in full screen.