Instruction --> Nursing
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees, and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
ACC seeks applicants who understand and have first-hand experience working with diverse populations, which may include but are not limited to, historically marginalized populations such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.
The Nursing Faculty position is a full-time, 9-month faculty position in the Nursing Department. ACC Faculty teach 15 credits each fall and spring semester. Faculty may have the option to teach courses during the summer semester for additional compensation. Courses may be taught using both traditional and non-traditional delivery methods, including face-to-face, online, computer-aided, distance learning, self-paced, and interdisciplinary. Faculty may need to teach at any of our campuses (Littleton, Castle Rock, and Legacy) and at a variety of times (days, evenings, and some weekends).
ACC is committed creating a community of best practices in facilitating teaching, learning, and student success. As such, we seek faculty who will be engaged members of the college community through active service on committees, collaboration with colleagues, and who possess a commitment and passion to facilitating improved outcomes for students and communities the college serves.
ACC is dedicated to supporting our faculty throughout their careers as educators, scholars, and professionals. We provide a robust offering of professional development opportunities for faculty to strengthen their skills in teaching strategies, outcomes-based practice, and reflective practice. Faculty develop an equity-minded and culturally responsive pedagogy that closes success gaps and fosters a commitment to excellence in education. Candidates with a foundational understanding of these skills and knowledge or a demonstrated growth mindset on these topics are strongly encouraged to apply.
This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
ACC Equity Statement
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Possess a current, unencumbered Colorado RN license OR possess a current, unencumbered RN license from another state AND are able to obtain an unencumbered Colorado RN license by date of hire.
- One year of teaching experience (i.e. clinical instructor, unit educator, etc.).
- Two years recent clinical nursing experience.
- Demonstrated commitment working with and supporting students from diverse populations, which may include but are not limited to, historically marginalized communities such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset regarding professional development.
- Ability to community effectively in a form that is appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
**Current teachers applying to teach ACC campus-based, online, or concurrent enrollment CTE courses may include non-teaching occupational hours that are older than the 5- or 7-year requirement if they have the required degree (and license/certifications as listed) and a minimum of 3 years full-time teaching experience in the discipline/program or 6 years part-time teaching experience in the discipline/program.
- Experience in facilitating equitable outcomes for customers, key stakeholders, or students using effective inclusive strategies.
- Demonstrate building successful professional relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents and outside agencies.
- Participate and/or lead in professional organizations, committees and/or taskforces.
- Experience with remote and/or online teaching/training and experience developing courses for multiple delivery formats.
- Ability to develop well-defined assessment/evaluation objectives and high-performance standards aligned with expectations.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- This position operates in a standard office and/or classroom environment. Constantly uses a computer and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports office equipment and supplies weighing up to 10 lbs.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Advertised Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $69,433 - $78,789, commensurate within this range based on education and experience. Salary is based on 166 contract days within an academic year (August - May). The projected start date for this position is January 1, 2024, salary will be prorated based on the number of contract days worked. This is a full-time, 9-month, FLSA exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System. AP 3-55 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments.
All applicants must submit:
- Detailed letter of interest (cover letter) addressing the job announcement. Please include any experiences you may have embedding equity and inclusion in your work, see below.
- Unofficial transcripts - Your experience and skills are what matter to us. As part of our commitment to a fair hiring process, we invite you to redact any information from your transcripts that may be confidential/protected under law, including your age, date of birth, or dates of attendance/graduation.
At ACC we seek to hire candidates that demonstrate a commitment to and experience with embedding equity and inclusion into their professional role. Please address this specifically in your cover letter explaining what diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) means to you and how you may have incorporated DEI into your current or previous professional responsibilities. Also describe your experience working with or teaching individuals from historically marginalized populations, which may include but are not limited to, people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities. What did you learn from these experiences and how did this inform your work?
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates who are selected to interview will be asked to submit a completed application form and the names and contact information for three professional references. Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on "Apply" to submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
This position will be posted from Nov. 10, 2023 until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA’s Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 21.57% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including 90 hours of sick leave per academic year with up to 16 of those hours converted to personal leave, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
- New hires for full-time positions may be eligible for a relocation assistance benefit if relocating at least 100 miles to work at ACC. Information about this can be found in AP 3-160.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
CCCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Colorado Community College System believes when all human qualities are regarded with dignity and respect and when everyone has access to the individualized support they need, all will have the opportunity to thrive. In all aspects of the employment process, decisions are made based on merit, competence, performance and business need without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our Accommodations and Non-Discrimination policies, plus other helpful information, can be found publicly at arapahoe.edu/legal.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.