Early Childhood Teacher
Administrative Services --> Child Development Center
The Child Development Center at Arapahoe Community College is looking for dedicated teachers to join our team of early childhood professionals. Our child development center provides a healthy and nurturing setting for children ages 18 months to Kindergarten age. The Center utilizes research-based Creative Curriculum, a comprehensive, customized approach supporting effective teaching that utilizes exploration and discovery as a way of learning. The Creative Curriculum enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
Early Childhood Teachers plan and facilitate engaging, developmentally appropriate activities that promote inquiry, problem solving, and social interactions while ensuring a positive classroom climate. Teachers use data gained through observation and assessment to inform lesson planning, maintain strong parent/teacher relationships, and provide supervision during indoor and outdoor activities.
Early Childhood Teachers typically work a full-time schedule between the hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. This posting will be used to fill multiple Early Childhood Teacher vacancies.
- Associates degree or higher, in Early Childhood Education, or related field from an accredited institution or Early Childhood Teacher qualified by the State of Colorado Human Services.
- Teaching experience in Early Childhood Programs (children 0-8 years old).
- Experience with Curriculums.
- Experience with Assessment processes.
- Ability to organize, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Internet.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Early Childhood Education, or a related field from accredited institution.
- Three years professional experience such as a lead classroom teacher, mentoring/coaching, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of practices and principles in the delivery of quality childcare.
- Knowledge of NAEYC and /or Colorado Shines.
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum.
- Knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports classroom equipment weighing up to 20 lbs. Must be able to lift and carry a child weighing up to 40 lbs.
- This position requires the ability to frequently squat, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, and balance. Frequently moves about the facility.
- This position is performed in an early childhood classroom and office. Frequently uses a computer and/or iPad, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Constantly uses haring to interact with visitors, children, and staff, and to recognize trouble out of view.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents, children, parents, and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu
Advertised Salary Range
Starting salary for this position is $36,000 - $40,320, commensurate with education and experience. AP 3-45 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments. This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.
All applicants must submit:
- Letter of interest addressing the job announcement
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- Completed application form
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu
This position will be open until filled.
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA's Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 20.95% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including up to 15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours sick leave per month, 10 paid holidays per year, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
- New hires for full-time positions may be eligible for a relocation assistance benefit if relocating at least 100 miles to work at ACC. Information about this can be found in AP 3-160.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.