Instruction --> Computer Aided Drafting
The Computer Aided Drafting Department at Arapahoe Community College is accepting applications for part-time Instructors to teach SolidWorks.
This course introduces parametric feature-based solid modeling 3D concepts to build confidence in 3D thinking and progresses to three-dimensional parameters. Provides instruction on how to construct, modify, and manage complex parts in 3D space as well as producing 2D drawings from 3D models.
This posting will be used to fill multiple part-time Instructor vacancies. Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace, including for online courses.
Part-time Instructors provide instructional duties for the College in their respective areas of expertise. They report to the department or program chair within the discipline and do not have any supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include: instruction, student assessment, and other related instructional duties. Possible teaching locations include Littleton campus; classes may be held days, evenings, and weekends. Instructional delivery may include face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
The instructor must be patient, and respectful, while also providing their expectations for what is considered acceptable work. The instructor must display dedication to the class as well as the goals of the program.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Associate's degree in Computer Aided Drafting AND
- Has, or qualifies for, postsecondary CTE credential including 4000 non-teaching occupational hours within the last 7 years (2000 hours if at Bachelor’s or higher)*
*Current teachers applying to teach ACC campus-based, online, or concurrent enrollment CTE courses may include non-teaching occupational hours that are older than the 7-year requirement if they have the required degree (and license/certifications as listed) and a minimum of 3 years full-time teaching experience in the discipline/program or 6 years part-time teaching experience in the discipline/program.
For additional information on Faculty and Instructor qualifications refer to AP 3-10b.
- Prior teaching experience
- At least five years professional experience using SolidWorks
- Certified SolidWorks Associate, CSWP–Mechanical Design, or CSWE–Mechanical Design
- Knowledge of adult learning theory concepts; ability to utilize these principles effectively in the learning environment
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- This position operates in a standard office and/or classroom environment. Constantly uses a computer and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports office supplies, books, and equipment, up to 20 lbs.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
This is a Lecture/Lab (LLB) course paid per credit hour at a rate of: $1,093.44 for Level 1, $1,155.94 for Level 2, and $1,218.44 for Level 3. Individuals who do not actively teach within CCCS will be hired at the Level 1 rate. Those actively employed within CCCS are eligible to be hired at their current level (refer to SP 3-10b for additional information).
All applicants must submit
- Detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Scroll to the bottom of this page to submit your application.
This position will be open until filled.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Rebecca Terpstra, CAD Program Chair, at email@example.com
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
Medical insurance is offered to instructors and other variable hour employees who have worked, on average, at least 30 hours per week in a 12-month period. ACC/CCCS uses an initial 12-month measurement period to determine medical benefit eligibility, and a 12-month standard measurement period. Additional information about this, and Life and Disability benefit information can be found at the CCCS Employee Benefits site under “Instructor & Variable Hour Employee Benefit Information.”
Sick leave is granted in accordance with SB20-205, Sick Leave for Employees, accrued at one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Instructors are required to contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their salary and do not contribute to Social Security. ACC/CCCS student employees are not eligible to participate in PERA. ACC/CCCS offers three tax-deferred investment plans, including 401(k), 403(b) and 457.
ACC offers an Instructor Advancement Program (IAP), which allows instructors to achieve Level II and Level III status when all requirements for each level have been met.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace, including for online courses.
- In order to protect our employees and students and continue to provide face-to-face teaching safely, employees and students have the choice to provide evidence that they are fully vaccinated, or alternatively, provide results from regular (weekly) COVID-19 testing.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.