Assistant Director of Concurrent Enrollment
The Assistant Director of Concurrent Enrollment plans, implements, and evaluates the day-to-day operations of the recruitment, testing, advising, registration, and enrollment services for Concurrent Enrollment (CE). This position is responsible for developing initiatives and processes to facilitate enrollment and matriculation of CE students; collaborating across college divisions and departments to develop effective strategies that promote student success; supervising two full-time CE staff; promoting a working environment that fosters the strengths and accomplishments of direct reports and promotes harmony and teamwork; and serving as the acting supervisor of the CE department in the absence of the Associate Dean of Concurrent Enrollment. The incumbent in this position must remain current on legislation and regulations affecting CE, current literature and professional trends.
The Assistant Director of Concurrent Enrollment maintains a caseload of high schools, working with high school counselors and district administrators to accurately register and enroll. Responsibilities tied to caseload management include conducting high school visits; coordinating academic advising and student retention activities; administering college placement tests to determine college-readiness; and facilitating high school counselor trainings, student orientations, and related programming.
Typical office hours for this position are 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday thru Friday; occasional travel to local schools, Parker Campus and Sturm Collaboration Campus in Castle Rock is expected, along with some evening and weekend work.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a higher education, K-12 or related setting.
- Supervisory experience.
- Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods, and other computer applications to support assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Five (5) years’ experience in an administrative/student affairs position in higher education, preferably in a community college setting.
- Two (2) or more years of experience serving in a concurrent enrollment, advising, recruitment or related role.
- Experience with a student information system such as Banner or related system.
- Experience with Navigate/Campus.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports standard office supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 lbs.
- This is largely a sedentary role. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Advertised Salary Range
Starting salary for this position is $54,000 - $60,480, commensurate with education and experience. AP 3-45 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments. This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.
All applicants must submit:
- Detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu
Complete applications must be received by Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 4:00 PM MT
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA's Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 20.95% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including up to 15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours sick leave per month, 10 paid holidays per year, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.