Part-time Training Coordinator
President's Office --> Inclusive Excellence
The Department of Inclusive Excellence is seeking a skilled trainer on topics regarding diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice to provide Arapahoe Community College with educational opportunities to deepen and expand our capacity to create more inclusive and equitable environments within the college community. The Training Coordinator is a new position designed to support the needs of the department and the college. This position will focus primarily on college-wide initiatives related to employee and student training, student engagement, and program development. This position reports to the Chief Inclusive Excellence Officer.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. This temporary position may work a maximum of 28 hours per week for up to nine months.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in higher education, counseling, public administration, sociology, or other closely related fields
- Experience of developing and conducting social justice training for staff, faculty, or students
- Demonstrated capacity to design and facilitate trainings to deepen skills and knowledge for the purpose of creating greater equity and inclusion on college campuses
- Demonstrated commitment and engagement with diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice efforts within a higher education, not-for-profit organizations, or K-12 settings
- Program development and management experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail with strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports standard office supplies and equipment weighing up to 10 lbs.
- This is largely a sedentary role. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- May be required to work out of any ACC campus location. Occasional after-hours or weekend work required.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Advertised Salary Range
The pay rate for this position is $21.00 - $23.50 per hour, commensurate with education and experience. This is a part-time, FLSA non-exempt position, not to exceed 28 hours per week. This position can work up to nine months, based on need and budget availability. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.
All applicants must submit a resume and detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Scroll to the bottom of this page to submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Quill Phillips, Chief Inclusive Excellence Officer, at email@example.com
Medical insurance is offered to instructors and other variable hour employees who have worked, on average, at least 30 hours per week in a 12-month period. Hourly staff generally do not meet this average since hourly staff may not work more than 28 hours each week. Additional information can be found within BP 3-10 and at the CCCS Employee Benefits site under “Instructor & Variable Hour Employee Benefit Information.”
Sick leave is granted in accordance with SB20-205, Sick Leave for Employees, accrued at one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Non-student hourly staff are required to contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their salary and do not contribute to Social Security. ACC/CCCS student employees are not eligible to participate in PERA. ACC/CCCS offers three tax-deferred investment plans, including 401(k), 403(b) and 457.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.