Clinical Coordinator for the EMS Academy
Instruction --> Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The Clinical Coordinator secures clinical and practical experiences for the Emergency Medical Services Academy and other Allied Health programs at Arapahoe Community College. This position will work closely with students to schedule their clinical rotations and monitor their progress, ensuring requirements are met by students while at clinical and practical sites. This position ensures all student records and documentation required by clinical sites is current in My Clinical Exchange.
The Clinical Coordinator also identifies and cultivates healthcare provider partnerships in a wide array of service delivery models including acute care, clinic/physician practice, community mental health, long-term care, rehabilitation, etc. The Clinical Coordinator will help establish and maintain contracts with clinical sites to increase the practicum options available to ACC’s students. This includes establishing a long-term student presence at provider partner sites by regularly visiting students during clinical rotations, attending provider meetings, and maintaining relationships with partner sites.
The Clinical Coordinator will also prepare and maintain student clinical manuals, conducts clinical orientation, and collects and reports data as required for accreditation. This position monitors and maintains clinical contracts for various health programs at ACC.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in a healthcare-related field from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years experience in the healthcare industry and/or education and knowledge of healthcare service delivery and regulations.
- Skilled in the use of use Microsoft Office applications and office automation.
- Ability to travel throughout the Denver metro area and to surrounding localities.
- Master’s degree in an allied health field, education or related field.
- Certification or licensure as a nurse or paramedic.
- Experience working in the health care setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: emphasis on marketing abilities.
- Knowledge of Desire2Learn (D2L), FISDAP, and My Clinical Exchange.
- Experience teaching in a postsecondary setting.
- Knowledge of CoAEMSP accreditation requirements and process.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports boxes and carts weighing up to 20 lbs.
- This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Travel throughout the Denver metro area and surrounding localities to visit provider sites is required.
- May be required to work out of any ACC campus location. Occasional after-hours or weekend work may be required.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Advertised Salary Range
Starting salary for this position is $49,500 - $55,440.00, commensurate with education and experience. AP 3-45 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments.This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.
All applicants must submit:
- Detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- Completed application form
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
The position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA’s Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 20.95% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including up to 15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours sick leave per month, 10 paid holidays per year, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.