Financial Aid Advisors
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
Financial Aid Advisors provide services to financial aid applicants including financial aid advising, reviewing and verification of files for accuracy needed for packaging, and awarding various forms of financial assistance. Interpret, analyze, and implement federal and State regulations as well as institutional procedures governing student aid. This position uses professional judgement to determine if circumstances exist that could impact a student’s eligibility for aid.
The Financial Aid Advisor counsels, interviews, and facilitates students’ and parents’ inquiries about student financial aid. General counselor duties include open student advising during specified “counselor on duty hours,” assisting with “satisfactory progress” and other probationary mailings, attendance and participation in college, departmental and staff meetings, possible representation of Arapahoe Community College at various Federal, State and CCCS Financial Aid meetings, and other duties as assigned.
This position may require occasional late-night or weekend hours and may be required to work out of any campus location – Littleton, Parker, or Castle Rock.
Arapahoe Community College is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Two vacancies will be filled from this recruitment. These positions are grant-funded through December 21,2022. Continuation of the positions is contingent upon renewed funding.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- One (1) year of experience in higher education
- Working knowledge or familiarity with Banner or another student information system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning & work environment and demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports standard office supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- This is largely a sedentary role. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- May be required to work out of any ACC campus location. Occasional after-hours or weekend work may be required.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Advertised Salary Range
Starting salary for this position is $44,000 - $49,280 commensurate with education and experience. This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System. These positions are grant-funded through December 31, 2021; continuation of the positions is contingent upon renewed funding.
All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications, and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Complete applications must be received by Monday, July 26,2021 at 4:00 PM
Benefits for administrative, professional and technical (APT) staff are administered through the SBCCOE Trust. Effective July 1, 2015, employees in APT positions that are budgeted at .75 FTE or more are eligible for benefits beginning on their date of hire. Information regarding benefits can be found at the CCCS Employee Benefits site. Additional information regarding leave accruals can be found in BP 3-60. Non-classified, benefit-eligible employees are also eligible for tuition assistance.
APT staff are required to contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their salary and do not contribute to Social Security. ACC/CCCS offers three tax-deferred investment plans, including 401(k), 403(b) and 457.
AP 3-45 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.