Attorney Recruiting & Development Coordinator
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We are currently seeking an Attorney Recruiting & Development Coordinator, reporting to the Attorney Recruiting and Development Manager.
The role will reside in the Washington, DC office with hybrid work capabilities and will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the DC office’s attorney recruiting and development functions, including summer associate hiring, the summer associate program, lateral attorney hiring, law school partnerships and programming, and professional development initiatives for associates and counsel. The Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Plan and execute the DC summer associate program, including organizing social events, orientation, and training programs; assigning mentors; overseeing work assignments and the evaluation process; and responding to summer associate and attorney questions.
- Support law student recruitment program including scheduling interviews for 2L summer associate and 1L scholar applicants, corresponding with applicants and attorneys, participating in office Hiring Committee meetings, and coordinating follow up efforts.
- Collaborate with Firmwide Resource Groups to identify, manage, and coordinate outreach and sponsorship activities with key law schools.
- Coordinate lateral recruiting efforts, including managing candidates’ interview schedules, collecting evaluations, and overseeing new attorney onboarding.
- Oversee data entry into applicant tracking system and generate reports; analyze recruiting statistics for internal and external audiences.
- Train and help supervise the work of the DC Attorney Recruiting & Development Assistant and DC Attorney Recruiting & Development Intern.
- Help with other special projects as needed.
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years of experience in legal recruiting in a law firm
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with viRecruit, FloRecruit, and Symplicity preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and attorneys
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects with specific deadlines and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and judgment to accomplish results
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client and office information and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP participates in E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility