Research Associate II, Cell and Molecular Biology
Research & Development
Akebia Therapeutics (located in Cambridge, MA) is engaged in discovering and developing novel small molecule therapies to treat and improve lives of patients with kidney disease.
We are seeking a motivated Research Associate to join the biology team to perform cellular/biochemical assays for the identification and characterization of novel small molecules to advance research programs towards clinical translation. This is a lab-based, hands-on position for a scientist looking to be an integral part of drug discovery teams and contributing by delivering high quality in vitro data in a time bound manner.
BS or MS degree
- BS (2-4 years) or MS (0-2 years) in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related field
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, and biochemical/molecular techniques
- Ability to follow documented SOP’s or procedures to perform ELISA’s, cell/tissue RNA/protein isolation, qRT-PCR, HTRF, TR-FRET, reporter cell assays
- Strong data analysis, documentation, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication, multitasking, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and with a positive attitude in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional team environment and adapt to the changes in discovery program requirement
- Experience in biotechnology or pharma industry is preferred.
- Experience with immunology assays highly desirable.
- Familiarity with automated liquid handling systems, plate readers like Envision and ability to miniaturize and automate tasks is preferred
- Familiarity with programs like GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Excel, and Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) is a plus
Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with the purpose to better the lives of people impacted by kidney disease. The Company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit our website at www.akebia.com.
Akebia is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.