Prospect Development Analyst - University Advancement
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Prospect Development Analyst reports to the Director of Advancement Operations and partners with development officers to optimize fundraising portfolios through evaluation and tracking of major gift prospects and donors in support of university fundraising goals. Serves as a campus contact and resource for information regarding major donors and
Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Three to five years experience in prospect research and/or prospect management with experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience utilizing databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred) to review and update donor records, creating queries and producing reports.
- Experience utilizing fundraising platforms (EverTrue) to assist development officers with tracking and enhancing donor interactions.
- Experience in higher education setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
Support university administrators and Major Gift Officers, in planning and executing a major gift pipelinethat supports current and future fundraising goals.
Identifies new prospects to be assigned for qualification or cultivation. This includes reviewing EverTrue,Target Analytics, and analyzing the results of wealth screening of new constituents, overseeing the timely validation of screening results, as well as the entry of results into the donor database.
Maintain the moves management program to ensure that all prospects and donors are tracked throughthe identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship cycle.
Optimize development officer portfolios by providing research and identification of the most promisingprospects for new assignments, assignment transfers, and removals through regularly scheduled and thorough portfolio reviews in order to maintain an optimal prospect pool.
Produce written reports summarizing research for the President, Executive Staff, and Major Gifts Teamprior to donor contact such as meeting and events.
Investigate and implement new research methods, techniques and sources. Periodically reviews data andinformation sources to ensure they are the most relevant and cost-effective options for the university.
Make recommendations to the director for strategic changes.
Collaborate with Advancement Operations to provide easily accessible development officer dashboardsthrough Tableau and other programs.
Run development officer metrics reports monthly, quarterly and annually. Performs regular audits of thedata to ensure accuracy of information.
Support senior staff and development officers in entering contact reports and significant actions into thedatabase using the Import-O-Matic tool.
- Support staff, and other university personnel on Raiser’s Edge including: action protocols, entering and updating proposals, running portfolio exports, and requesting data change updates.
- Support staff, and other university personnel on EverTrue including: moves management, interactions,proposals, and maintaining engagement metrics.
- Maintain strong skills and knowledge of online research resources, technologies, and methodologies.
- Monitor news alerts, online publications, and obituaries for new information on key donors so that development officers are briefed on updates, and ensure database records are accurate and up to date with relevant findings.
- Regularly communicates with Director of Advancement Operations on all key information regarding Prospect Management.
- Regularly reviews and updates the policies and procedures in the prospect development training manual.
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Excel to create, sort, and format lists and spreadsheets.
- Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines. Flexible enough to shift priorities based on urgent needs, have the confidence to ask for help when needed.
- Ability to take direction and work independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of handling confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to interpret, apply and communicate on a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting prospect research and fundraising.
- Strong affinity with and commitment to the mission of Azusa Pacific University.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperatures.
- Proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge, ResearchPoint, PeopleSoft, LexisNexis, EverTrue, and Tableau software.
- Grade 8: $21.44 to $24.66 is the hourly compensation for this role and reflects what Azusa Pacific University reasonably expects to pay for this position. Actual compensation may vary based on the qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to compensation, APU offers a competitive benefits package.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Please click the links to learn more about 'what we believe', our 'mission statement', and our 'statement of faith'.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This position is located at 901 E. Alosta Ave.,, Azusa, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.