Bus Driver - Transportation
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Provides prompt and safe service by driving Azusa Pacific University buses and transport equipment in and around the university and Southern California. Transports handicapped individuals, students, faculty, and personnel involved in university functions or business.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- One to three years of professional driving with experience in vehicle maintenance.
- Has or can obtain and maintain a valid, unexpired Class B, California Commercial Driver License with air brake and passenger endorsement.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Operates passenger buses, shuttles, vans and handicapped-equipped vehicles on scheduled routes, and to and from distant points.
- Performs daily inspections of vehicle as required by the California Highway Patrol. Maintains daily logs and reports as required by the university and regulatory agencies.
- Inspects and reports all equipment malfunctions. Cleans vehicle windows and lights, sweeps floors; maintains cleanliness of vehicles.
- Inspects fluid levels and tire air pressures adding, when necessary, oil, water, fuel, and air.
- Performs minor and simple repairs on vehicles in the event of a breakdown.
- Assists and directs handicapped and elderly individuals on and off vehicles.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by the supervisor.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Able to pass a physical examination as required by state and federal governments. Will be subject to drug testing as required by federal regulations
- Knowledge of and ability to safely operate various passenger vehicles.
- Able to perform minor mechanical repairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to follow oral/written instructions.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possesses awareness of all traffic regulations with a willingness to comply.
- Patient and friendly with all passengers.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Possess a valid California driver's license.
- Ability to pull, reach, bend, grasp.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Legal DMV vision requirements, reading.
- Subject to variable weather conditions and hazardous road and traffic conditions when driving.
- Familiar with Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Grade 7: $19.49 to $25.33 is the hourly compensation for this role and reflects what Azusa Pacific University reasonably expects to pay for this position. Actual compensation may vary based on the qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In addition to compensation, APU offers a competitive benefits package.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Please click the links to learn more about 'what we believe', our 'mission statement', and our 'statement of faith'.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This position is located at 901 E. Alosta Ave., Azusa, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.