Supermarket Refrigeration Construction Apprentice
Advanced Refrigeration & Air is a large commercial Mechanical Contractor in the refrigeration Industry currently hiring for entry level apprentices.
We offer on the job training and additional training classes in our training facility in Orlando, FL.
We have multiple job sites around the state. If you are interested, contact us today. Advancement opportunities are always part of our organization!
Maintain heating/air conditioning systems, identify repair and, or replacement needs, provide
necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment, and assist other skilled trades as
required. Assist in the repair and maintenance of refrigeration, HVAC, heating and ventilation
equipment to ensure customer needs are met efficiently and accurately.
•Identify and memorize tools and materials of the trade, their purpose and application
•Ground runner for crew, keep work area clean and organized
•Fabricating hanger supports
•Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of commercial installation of refrigeration systems and tools of the trade.
- Electrical, plumbing, HVAC knowledge.
- Journeyman level a plus
- Commercial carpentry and/or case fitting experience is desired
- Able to do overhead layout and run line sets.
- Able to do case lineup, pipe and layout drains.
- Able to demo walk-in, install new, hang, pipe, drain evaporator coils.
- Able to pressurize, pull vacuums and pump down rack.
- Able to add system to rack and perform oil changes.
- Able to work independently and oversee all phases of project.
- Good mechanical skills and use of hand and power tools.
- Safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to be flexible, work days, nights and out of town.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications and basic computer skills.
- EPA Certified.
- Must have valid insurable driver’s license.
**Please do not apply if you do not have the aforementioned skills, hand tools, clean and valid Driver's License and the ability to work out of town and 10 hours a day.
- Able to work out of town and nights (weekends off)
•Adhere to safety regulations
•Able to work on heights above 6'
•Basic knowledge of commercial ice machines, HVAC, refrigeration, gas furnaces and
•electrical functions, including troubleshooting electrical components
•Basic troubleshooting ability
•Basic mechanical skills
•Ability to lift up to 40lbs
•Ability to climb on rooftops
•Listen and comprehend written and oral instructions
•Good communications skills
•Customer service skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and
•Good driving record
•Good attitude and team player
- Must have the following tools: 18" Tool Bag - 3 PC crescent wrench set, Vise Grip, 25' Tape measure, Magnetic torpedo level, Medium Channel Lock, Caulk Gun, Sheet Metal Snips, Driver Set, Reversible Screwdriver, Utility Knife, Filet Knife, 3/8" socket set and 5 PC wrench set.
**Please do not apply if you do not have the aforementioned tools, a valid driver's license and a minimum of 5 years clean driving record. Your Motor Vehicle Report will be ran prior to an interview.