Principal Software Engineer, CV
Why Join Bracco Medical Technologies?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the Bracco Medical Technologies team has the power to make a difference......every day!
This is a key leadership position in R&D Software Engineering for Bracco Medical Technologies (BMT) for the CV (Cardiovascular) group for Class II Medical devices with connectivity. The role has responsibility for leading the technical activities in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing in support of the development of medical devices and new product development.
As a key technical decision-maker in software design, development and architecture, this position influences stakeholders in the product development team and leads the team in delivering effective results. This requires working cross-functionally with technical and other professional talent from various facilities and from diverse backgrounds. Role needs focus on predictability for software development in terms of delivering results with design that meets customer requirements and clinical workflows for successful product launches.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for end-to-end technical solution that effectively meets the product and system requirements, and ensure that the software specifications accurately describe solution space
- Lead the team through the requirements definition, design, prototype, and documentation of the software applications and ensure traceability between design inputs and outputs, meeting performance metrics and Design Controls for Class II Medical Devices
- Develop innovative and key differentiators for common software platform technologies with connectivity and Data Analytics
- Define the Intellectual Property strategy and identify key technologies that need to be protected
- Accountable for reviewing and approving the software impact assessment and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) that identify design issues and risks in software and lead the team in developing mitigations to address these issues.
- Promote and develop best practices and standards across the software organization
- Partner with the Principal Architect and Systems Engineering to define the interfaces between software sub-systems across the product portfolio and ensure they are standardized across
- Technical leadership to ensure leverage of the product and technology roadmaps within BMT
- Research and evaluate software techniques and technologies against performance requirements
- Ensure project execution is completed - meeting the time, cost, performance, and quality requirements according to the prescribed product development process and quality management system.
- Mentor software engineers and develop SW systems engineering competencies within the organization
- Key role in driving the culture of engineering excellence and commitment to quality
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture development across diverse areas including application development, identity and access management, network and data management, and security
- Architect cloud-native, hybrid, or multi-cloud solutions to meet the client’s needs
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related discipline
- 15+ years in technical design and software development experience
- 10+ years of experience in Full-stack software development in C# .NET, C++, and/or C
- Medical Device Interoperability experience with HL7, DICOM and PACS, HIS/RIS.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.
- Ability to make decisions, effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines
- Demonstrated competency in understanding and defining the functionality of complex systems and the interactions and dependencies in the HW and SW sub-systems
- Demonstrated experience working with a multi-discipline, global team
- Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to gain buy-in for initiatives
- Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience in Product Development for Injection systems used in Cardiovascular and Radiology
- Experience with the development tools: MS Visual Studio, JIRA, GIT, JAMA
- Fluency with clinical radiology terminology and cardiovascular medical domains
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality System Standards
- Familiarity with: DICOM, HL7, IHE, and FHIR
- Enterprise software architecture experience (B2B, scalable, preferably cloud driven but also on-prem experience), preferably in Healthcare IT
- Experience developing/targeting solutions on modern cloud platforms and microservices architecture
- Experience in leading global teams- directly or indirectly
- Experience in working on platform development for a product family
- Demonstrated ability to develop Intellectual property
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time