Product Support Engineer
Why Join Bracco Medical Technologies?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the Bracco Medical Technologies team has the power to make a difference......every day!
Provide customer and technical support of ACIST/Bracco products to our US, Latin America and Asia-Pacific customers ensuring compliance with all ACIST Quality System and Regulatory requirements. Provide escalated engineering support to ACIST Customer Support, Field Service and ACIST/Bracco Group affiliates and distributors in the US, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Align with Service Management and Engineering to support product launch, product life cycle management, and the overall improvement of service delivery. Support and implement as necessary business initiatives and product support processes and projects that will lead to higher levels of financial growth, department performance, and customer satisfaction as aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Customer and Technical Product Support:
- Provide call escalation and technical/engineering support within the Service Department to Customer Support, Field Service, and ACIST/Bracco Group affiliates, distributors and 3rd party service providers.
- Manage escalated product support responsibilities across the customer installed base as related to product failures and associated complaints: Identify, troubleshoot, and respond to field-reported product issues, problems and requests from Sales, distributors, and 3rd party service providers.
- Document, update and maintain reports and associated service activities in the service/complaint handling database(s) for each field-reported problem per ACIST Quality System and Device History Record (DHR) requirements; align with ACIST Customer Support for documenting associated records within the ACIST business systems.
- Provide technical support via customer account visits independently or with Field Service and / or Sales to aid product assessments, corrective actions and repair initiatives as needed or requested.
- Support Service Management and Engineering (Manufacturing, Sustaining, Service and Quality) teams with investigations related to product failures which involve field assessment, trending, root-cause determination, and associated project plans and corrective measures.
- Escalate complex and/or urgent technical problems to the Service Management as appropriate and in accordance with escalation procedures.
- Mitigate and manage customer escalations via alignment with Sales/Marketing, distributors and 3rd party service providers.
Service Engineering Support:
- Align with Service Management, Service Engineering and cross functional teams on new product launch, product support, and life cycle management initiatives.
- Assist service activities pertaining to component obsolescence, compatibility, and retrofit / upgrade (software, hardware, or safety related); work with Service Management and Engineering to implement per established plans.
- Review and update current service equipment; work with Service Engineering to fabricate and support service kits, tools, test fixtures, and diagnostics for the service and repair of new and existing products.
- Liaison with Customer Support, Technical Service and Service Engineering as needed to develop, validate and implement service processes and product support improvements that will increase customer satisfaction and the department’s overall efficiency, output and profitability.
- Apply engineering and quality principles within scope of role; create necessary Quality System documentation.
- Support service initiatives, preventive or corrective, per project and business need and communicate/arrange with the sales/commercial team, affiliates, distributors and 3rd party service providers regarding related field activities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Quality System requirements including FDA, ISO 13485 and GMP.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by ACIST Medical Systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Biomedical Engineering, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience with electro-mechanical devices
- Analytical and problem solving skills: troubleshooting, analyzing and formulating solutions
- Ability to assimilate technical concepts quickly and present technical information clearly and concisely for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication, both oral and written, skills; customer focused
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated/directed, works with a sense of urgency and results focus
- Experience interfacing with various individuals and functions within the organization and externally/with customers
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Moderate to high level of computer proficiency including MS Office Suite; proficient with business applications and databases
- Working knowledge and experience with Quality System regulations and guidelines including ISO, FDA and GMP
- Experience with medical device/equipment
- Travel to customer and distributor sites will be required; up to 20% expected