Manager of Software Engineering, Digital Health
Why Join Bracco Medical Technologies?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the Bracco Medical Technologies team has the power to make a difference......every day!
The Software Engineering Manager is a key functional leadership role in Bracco Medical Technologies (BMT) and will lead the Enterprise Software team across the products portfolio of the “Digital Health” command center to manage the fleet of devices related to both Radiology and Cardiology. As a member of BMT’s global R&D software engineering organization, provide leadership for software architecture, design, testing, and define the advanced technology development needs for the business with focus on bringing value-added software solutions to market. Additionally, this role will formulate the strategy for identifying and leveraging technologies for new and improved functionality/quality while reducing product development time and cost and working cross-functionally across the global software organization and other 3rd party business partners.
Hybrid working arrangements in Eden Prairie, MN preferred.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide functional management leadership for Digital Health and direction to software team with focus on innovation
- Responsible for the collaborative development of “Digital Health” Platform architecture for products within BMT
- Collaborate with the Product Management team for VoC and create partnerships with Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) and other solution providers to generate requirements for viable revenue streams
- Lead Solution-based architecture for OEM connectivity, RIS/PACS interface and interoperability with hospital systems
- Drive results, and create the culture of engineering excellence
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture development across diverse areas including application development, identity and access management, network and data management, and security
- Identify the competencies required to meet the engineering and business objectives and develop a high-performing engineering team with deep functional expertise
- Collaborate with the Program Management team to set priorities and effectively resource programs and projects.
- Align with Senior Software Engineering Director to execute on strategy plan and standardize tools and processes to optimize throughput and quality.
- Ensure key milestones are met and that solutions delivered are of the highest quality possible and in line with regulations for medical device industry.
- Celebrate wins and create a working environment that energizes the team and allows them to have fun while taking on the difficult challenges for our customers.
- Lead change through creative solutions and system design
- Optimize the team’s participation in all phases of product development
- Support existing products within Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Service and Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Develop an environment in which others can freely share ideas.
- Key role in driving the culture of engineering excellence and commitment to quality.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years relevant software development and architecture experience.
- 2+ years project management experience.
- 5+ years of direct or indirect people leadership experience.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionality with global teams.
- Proven mentoring and coaching abilities.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the demonstrated ability to gain buy-in for initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing, and quality of outcomes
- MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience with the development tools: MS Visual Studio, JIRA, GIT, JAMA
- Fluency with clinical radiology and cardiovascular terminology
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality System Standards
- Familiarity with: DICOM, HL7, IHE, and FHIR
- Enterprise software architecture experience (B2B, scalable, preferably cloud driven but also on-prem experience), preferably in Healthcare IT
- Experience with enterprise level features like scalability, uptime, backups and disaster recovery, multi-tenancy, remote and self-diagnostics, etc.
- Experience in leading global teams- directly or indirectly.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time