R&D Operations Engineering Co-op
Why Join Bracco Medical Technologies?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the Bracco Medical Technologies team has the power to make a difference......every day!
Bracco Medical Technologies employees are proud to help cardiologists, radiologists and other medical specialties visualize, assess, and improve patient treatment. We are currently seeking co-op candidates to learn with us as they engage in a variety of hands-on engineering projects alongside our high-performing and authentic operations engineering team. Help us achieve our goal of improving the lives of 75 million patients by 2025!
Bracco Medical Technologies is a pioneering interventional and diagnostic technology company with a portfolio of advanced products, including the world’s first Rapid Exchange FFR and High Definition IVUS systems. We are also a global market leader in advanced contrast imaging systems for cardiovascular angiography and diagnostic imaging. As part of the Bracco Group, Bracco Medical Technologies benefits from the resources of a multinational conglomerate with broad expertise in cath lab and radiology suite technology and a dedication to continuous advancement.
Manufacturing design/development positions offer the opportunity to develop, implement and improve manufacturing methods, systems and processes to produce a high quality product which meets design specifications at optimal cost. This position will work cross-functionally with engineers from other disciplines (e.g., electrical, systems, etc.) within R & D and will assist the team in several functions, including:
- Support test fixture development, troubleshooting and test method qualification
- Determine requirements of manufacturing operations to specify equipment, fixturing, and process parameters; develop plans to evaluate process repeatability and stability through equipment qualification and process validation.
- Continuously improve manufacturing methods, optimize product performance, and reduce manufacturing costs
- Technical data analysis to support test methods and continuous improvement
- Documentation of testing and test methods
Training to be Provided
Students will be exposed to working with various operations and product support departments within Bracco Medical Technologies (BMT). They will learn key requirements which need to be followed in a regulated environment such as the medical device industry. Training may cover relevant aspects of medical device development procedures, along with more specific aspects related to BMT products.
Additionally, our interns and co-ops benefit from a buddy program, career development programming, and opportunities to build their professional networks virtually and in-person with BMT professionals.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree student with a sophomore or junior level class standing
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, Biomedical, Engineering Mechanics or a related concentration.
- Minimum 2.8 out of 4.0 cumulative GPA
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship for an employment visa in the future
- Able to participate full-time (40 hours/week)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with team members from various disciplines, e.g., operations, quality, regulatory, supply chain, etc.
- Team player with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical writing skills, ability to develop protocols and reports to qualify design changes.
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Bracco Medical Technologies/ACIST Medical Systems.
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota (no relocation or housing assistance available)
- Spring/Summer of 2023 start, 2-3 semester rotation, can be consecutive or non-consecutive semesters. January start dates are preferred, but other start dates will be considered.
- Hours: 40 hours per week
To learn more about Bracco Medical Technologies, please visit our website at: https://careers.braccomedtech.com.
Bracco Medical Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.