Performs difficult and responsible accounting support and administrative work in classifying and processing accounting transactions, maintaining and reconciling assigned accounts and compiling, reviewing and verifying data and information to prepare assigned financial and accounting reports; provides direction to assigned accounting support staff.
- Prepares and posts general ledger journal entries.
- Manage reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts to general ledger.
- Maintains the books & records; assists in the administration of all inter-company affiliates.
- Performs monthly and quarterly general ledger closing.
- Processes month end and accrual journal entries.
- Performs general accounting duties including investments, other real estate owned and interface tables reporting activities.
- Performs payroll processing after receiving the bi-weekly reports from ADP via the HR department.
- Supports, reviews and maintains the Fixed Assets, diligently ensuring that all entries are made on a timely basis.
- Reconciles and resolves discrepancies for the majority of the Bancorp's, Bank's and subsidiaries' G/L accounts.
- Involved in monthly G/L variance analysis.
- Manages leases for leased locations.
- Monitors daily the FED account and processes the needful securities entries into the general ledger.
- Conducts research and resolves accounting-related issues at the direction of the Manager.
- Serves as back-up person for reconciling daily customer Repo account, FED reserve, and Correspondent Bank accounts.
- Updates SOPs and policies
- Annually prepares the SOX testing and assists the Internal Audit department during audits.
- Oversees Federal weekly reporting.
- Acts as back up for Accounting Manager when needed and assists others within the accounting department as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid understanding of accounting functions.
- Ability to provide training as required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting systems. PeopleSoft preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to effectively manage others.
- The ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Local travel as required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field required.
- At least five (5) years of experience working with general ledger, reconciliation, month-end closing, general accounting processes of inter-company, and fixed assets required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.