The Online Learning Campus (OLC) of Georgia Military College is now hiring adjunct professors in the following discipline:
About the Course:
The physical science instructor will deliver instruction for introductory physics courses with topics that will cover mechanics, waves, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate-level physics courses in an online environment according to the standards set forth by the College.
- Provide critical thinking-based instruction centered on the student learning outcomes of the course.
- Instruct course(s) throughout the week including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Develop and/or locate resources that will aid in student learning.
- Applicant must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours or 30 quarter hours in physics.
- 2+ years of documented online teaching experience.
- Experience working with Moodle LMS.
- Demonstrable experience developing resources to aid in student learning in the online environment.
- Candidates must have a reliable and consistent internet connection and a modern PC (preferable) or Mac running either Windows, MacOS, or Linux.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Ph.D. with at least 18 graduate semester hours or 30 quarter hours in physics.
- Demonstrable experience of developing online courses in the subject areas listed above.
- Documented experience working with diverse and non-traditional learners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office365 suite is highly preferred.
- Demonstrable effective written and oral communication skills.
- The duties of the position will be conducted 100% online.
- Contracts are for 8 weeks; renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance.
- Adjunct faculty will be required to attend regularly faculty meetings via a virtual environment.
Include the following with your submission:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume or CV
- One (1) professional letter of reference.
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Copy of all unofficial transcripts.
The review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled. Omission of any of the required documents will render your application invalid and it will not be considered.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.