HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect to join our team. As a Project Architect, in partnership with the Project Manager and Project Designer, you are a project team leader. In particular, the Project Architect is responsible for the issuance and content of deliverables, technical content of HOK documents and coordination of disciplines including consultants and for the supervision of all staff producing documents.
U.S. Citizenship highly desirable due to project requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Monitors the design from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the documentation is consistent and properly executed.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination of a project.
- Works with Specification Writer to develop specifications and is responsible for coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Checks completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
- Sets the overall strategy for producing the documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This includes defining how data will be organized into files and which elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model (BIM).
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level architects or technicians.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Works on developing a positive relationship of trust with client Leadership.
- Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
- Receives project direction from the Principal in Charge and Technical direction from the RBU Technical Principal.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Provides technical support and project communications to team as required.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Assists the Specification Writer in product research, consulting with manufacturers, evaluating and selecting project related materials.
- Involved with specification set-up and drawing coordination, research and appropriate use of HOK Standards.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule.
- Prepares meeting minutes of consultant coordination meetings.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- May participate in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified project, client or market opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7 plus years’ design experience.
- Licensed Architect with current registration in your region required, if licensure is offered in your region.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.