Mobile Service Sales Technician
Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Mobile Service Technician
Location: Paramount, CA
Shift: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm; participates in the on-call rotation, evenings and weekends may be required
Summary – basic function of the role
The primary function of this position is to be a mobile repair and calibration unit that can assist customers throughout an assigned territory.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel throughout your territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit and perform, repair, and calibration needs and provide technical consultation.
- Address customer needs and issues including troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic and manual tools, pumps and equipment, and completing all corresponding paperwork.
- Adhere to company processes, procedures, safety standards and schedules with respect to daily activities including scheduled repairs and calibrations and other territory assignments as directed by the Regional Sales Director.
- Repair of tools includes disassemble, inspect, troubleshoot, replacement of parts, reassemble tool, inspect, and test for proper operation while maintaining Enerpac Brand standards.
- Assist in familiarizing and training customers on tool operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for checking in inventory to ensure that parts and tools are available for customers. Maintain accurate inventory records, including detailed quarterly inventories of all parts and equipment.
- Demonstrates orientation toward excellent customer service by conducting daily activities, communications and interactions in a cooperative, positive and professional manner.
- Ensure vehicle conforms to safety standards by following through with scheduled repairs and maintenance
- Provide required reporting to Regional Sales Director as to schedule updates, tasks completed, market information and activity reports detailing weekly accomplishments.
- Work with Regional Sales Director and service team members, engineers and customers to meet the growing day-to-day repair and calibration requirements.
- Provide support as needed to territory managers for growth of sales and service opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement, 5s, and other workplace housekeeping duties.
- Participates in the On-call rotation that may include occasional evenings and weekends
- Participates in the On-Site Trailer Program (Refinery Operation- may be required to travel and work extended hours)
Skills and Competencies
Computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Windows software suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and company business ERP system.
Read and interpret documents such as operating procedural manuals, maintenance instructions, and safety rules and MSDS.
Ability to manage time and navigate routes for a streamlined experience.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
Warehouse experience is preferred.
Valid class C Driver’s license
Clean driving record
Forklift certification is preferred
Employee may have to lift equipment and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to travel to a variety of work locations. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Employee is able to work in a confined space and drive for long periods of time, as well as sitting for a period of time due to travel.
Employee’s work environment will vary from day to day from either a mobile service vehicle or a typical warehouse environment. Both locations are subject to loud noise, various temperatures, and workplace hazards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Basic PPE is required during work hours; safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer