Cortland is a global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of technologically advanced ropes, slings, and strength members. Collaborating with customers, our team uses its experience in high performance materials and market knowledge to transform ideas into proven products. For more than 35 years, our custom-built solutions have been developed for work in the toughest environments and to overcome some of the world’s greatest challenges. They consistently enable our customers to meet the demands of the aerospace, defense, medical, research, subsea, marine, and energy industries.
Cortland is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Job Title: Principle Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: Stafford, TX
- This individual will be the Principle Manufacturing Engineer for the site and will network with a variety of positions such as Quality Assurance, Operations, and Engineering. He/she will provide machine designs and process improvements to ensure SQDC meets or exceeds customer demand and supports the business strategy.
- Support Cortland’s Safety Management System by ensuring all equipment and processes are developed with safety and ergonomics as critical factors to successful design
- Contribute to the organization by optimizing production processes, establishing control limits, and ensuring that all documented procedures are adhered to
- Interface and collaborate with engineering team on NPD, coordinate experiments, and analyse/aggregate data
- Conduct tests and measurements throughout the manufacturing processes to minimize variances
- Develop and implement improvements to the manufacturing processes that will improve quality and reduce cost
- Assess process capabilities to simplify processes and shorten cycle times – Champion LEAD activities
- Lead risk management activities and ensure process risk is identified and applicable controls and prevention countermeasures are implemented
Day in the Life:
- You will be the go-to person for machine and equipment related issues
- You will design (using SOLIDWORKS), have fabricated, assemble, de-bug, document, release to production, and develop proper PM’s equipment critical to the productive manufacture of Rope products
- You will have oversight of the implementation of new processes and techniques
- You will manage the development and qualification of new or modified equipment and manufacturing processes throughout new product development, which includes transfer to production in support of commercialization
- You will conduct statistical analysis, document deviations and generate final reports in support of Qualification and Engineering Study activity
- You will train employees on protocol requirements, as well as the manufacturing and quality instructions that define manufacturing and inspection and test activity
- You may lead the day-to-day efforts of the Maintenance team
Required Capabilities (describe education and minimum years of experience required in addition to required and preferred capabilities):
Education, Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology is required
- MBA and/or significant operations experience preferred
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience using statistical techniques, such as Hypothesis Testing, GR&R, Correlation, Capability Analysis, Design of Experiment and Statistical Sampling preferred
- Experience in an ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485 manufacturing environment preferred
- Green Belt Certification preferred
Prepared By (Leader’s Name): Joe Ridge
Reviewed By (HR Representative’s Name):