Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: Workshop Technician
Shift: Monday – Friday, 1st shift; participates in the on-call rotation, evenings and weekends may be required
Summary – basic function of the role
The primary function of this position is to be able to refurbish, repair, and certify (if required) Enerpac equipment and some customer products. Major responsibilities of this position include assess equipment to determine if rental product or customer owned equipment needs only basic refurbishment or if it needs to be repaired. The condition of the equipment will determine level of disassembly, troubleshooting, assembly, testing, and packaging of the tools received. The products design and function are usually standardized and methods applied are generally prescribed or standardized.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfil and satisfy HTUS Rental Ops Equipment rental orders as needed and maintain equipment fleet availability levels.
- Test, calibrate, and certify the accuracy of equipment per work instructions and calibration dates.
- Repair tools & equipment, which includes disassemble, inspect, troubleshoot, replace parts, reassemble tool, inspect, and test for proper operation. Knowledge required for this function includes basic understanding of gear trains, mechanical systems, and electrical circuits. Interpretation of drawings, work instructions, and other specifications are required.
- Use of precision measuring/testing instruments, gauging devices, and performing various quality inspection type procedures to include dimensional verification and non-destructive testing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment repairs and document all repairs while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Manage repair part stock levels within area required as well as initiating purchase requisitions as needed for customer approved repair parts.
- Pass equipment refurbishment and repair training and demonstrate proficiency in meeting daily output goals.
- Process rental equipment and part component shipping and receiving transactions in Oracle (Company ERP System).
- Drive continuous improvement, 5s, and other workplace housekeeping duties.
- Carry out driving duties in accordance with the Company’s requirements.
- Adhere to the company’s procedures in relation to quality management and environment systems.
- Adhere to the Company’s Safety Procedures and Policies.
- If required, will possibly need to pass fork lift & other driving functions as specified to job sit.
- Participates in the On-call rotation that may include occasional evenings and weekends.
Skills and Competencies
Computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Windows software suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and company business ERP system.
Read and interpret documents such as operating procedural manuals, maintenance instructions, and safety rules and MSDS.
Ability to enter routine maintenance reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers, or employees of organization.
Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
Warehouse experience is preferred.
Certification in the areas of Assembly, Calibration-Conformance testing and Order Management is preferred
Forklift certification is preferred
Employee may have to lift equipment and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds in weight. Employee will be required to stand for long periods of time and will have repetitive arm and wrist use. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members in person, telephonically, and electronically at all levels within a diverse workforce and with supported organizations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee’s work is a typical warehouse environment which is subject to loud noise, various temperatures, and workplace hazards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Basic PPE is required during work hours; safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer