Sr Design Professional
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
HOK's Tampa studio is currently seeking a Sr Interior Design Professional to join our team. Be a part of a friendly and fun team as we continue our success in the Florida market.
As a Sr Design Professional, you are responsible for coordinating and/or undertaking the design development, production and delivery of projects, as a member of the project design team or on own projects. Assignments require independent action and decision making as well as ability to supervise others.
- With preliminary direction from the project architect or project manager, analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
- With direction from the project designer or more senior design technician, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings according to established standards.
- Develops strong presentations and early design studies. Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Understands and translates design intent into technical documents.
- May lead a small team of more junior technicians in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems following established standards.
- Assists in client, consultant and contractor project information coordination.
- Assists team leader in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to QA/QC and HOK Best Practice Standards.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project.
- Conducts product and code research and incorporation of codes into technical documents.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may participate in professional development reviews.
- May have regular interface with clients and consultants.
- May assist in work planning and scheduling processes.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- May assist team in construction administration document management.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- May participate in setting up project team software parameters and management of standards.
- Facilitates internal and external communications.
- Tracks all project data in electronic files.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Revit.
- Strong knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Strong knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Possess strong hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.