Business Banking Specialist
Business Banking Specialist
Summary / Objective
The Business Banking Specialist (BBS) position proactively grows and deepens relationships with existing small business customers as well as actively prospects for new small business and retail customers. This role is expected to work independently, responsible for ongoing customer account maintenance, and be a strong liaison between the customer and the bank in regards to problem solving and providing superior service to clients and prospective clients.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales and service experience
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal, communication & computer skills
Essential Job Functions:
* Provides a complete range of customer service including opening new accounts, explaining available bank products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts
- Responsible to provide comprehensive electronic banking support to customers
- Proactively prospects for new business & participates in sales of bank products
- Advises customers on a variety of additional product offering including business services and commercial lending services.
- Trouble shoots customer problems and complaints; counsels customers with special needs or requests
- Coordinates remote check deposit program
- Participates in activities for generating new business such as special events
- Participates in sales, service and product training meetings. Attends seminars regarding business banking industry activities
- Provide comprehensive commercial services support to customers as well as branches, support branch training activities, actively involved in CBB training and regular meetings.
- Completes required annual Compliance training.
- Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities include adhering to the Customer Identification Program (CIP) Policy and reporting suspicious activity to the BSA Officer.
- Makes Calls on existing commercial relationships
- Follows up on referrals provided by existing customers or bank personnel
- Manages Commercial Services report
- Manages MSB annual site visits
- Manages cash intensive business through site visits and pricing analysis
- Reviews daily OD & open/closed reports
- Assist in loan closings with retail products & services
- Develops business leads to identify avenue for referral sources.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong understanding of financial products and services and the ability to learn more
- Assess customer needs, provide solid recommendations, and build customer relationships to optimize sales opportunities with new and existing customers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and computer skills
- Must possess a professional demeanor including business attire, courtesy, tact and conflict management skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees in regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
This position is located in Framingham, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.