Air Dominance Air Defense Engineer
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking an Air Dominance Air Defense Engineer. In this role the candidate must be well versed in multi-layered Air Defense and Ballistic Missile Defense of surface combatants with subject matter expertise in AEGIS Combat System and specifically, the AEGIS Fire Control Detection and Engagement systems onboard each ship. Best candidate would be retired AEGIS Fire Control Technicians at the E8 or E9 level, Combat Systems Maintenance Manager (CSMM) type, or an LDO LT, or above with knowledge of:
- Aegis Combat System (ACS) and Aegis Weapon System (AWS) and understand how AWS detection; C&D and engagement systems are designed to execute the Integrated Air and Missile Defense mission against all threats including BMD.
- AWS Missile and Gun Weapon System (GWS) tactical engagement planning from threat profiles to point defense response.
- Aegis Baseline 9 new capabilities including Air Defense, Surface Warfare, SM-6 and NIFC-CA integration.
- Assist the Project Officer in leadership of large, multi-organization test teams, and in project management for Air Defense test activities.
- Independently plan, manage and accomplish complex Air Defense test project assignments.
- Support AEGIS Test & Evaluation (T&E) events to include Combat System Ship Qualification Trials (CSSQT) for both USN and FMS, Developmental Testing/Operational Testing, and At-Sea special test events.
- Ability to provide technical expertise in accomplishing Aegis CSSQT and T&E objectives in support of PEO IWS, PEO SHIPS, MDA, and NAVSEA requirements
- Capability to assist the Project Officer in leadership of large, multi-organization test teams, and in project management for Air Defense and Surface Warfare test activities.
- Experience in independently planning, managing and performing complex Air Defense and Surface Warfare test project assignment (CSSQTs, etc.)
- Knowledge of AEGIS combat system maintenance and modernization planning, scheduling, and execution efforts.
- Capability to liaison between the NSWC PHD FMS team and the larger NAVSEA AEGIS Combat System community to research and obtain recommendations to resolve reported problems as they arise.
- Knowledge of the development of Combat Systems maintenance and modernization work packages and plans, maintenance of metrics, technical manual reviews, and review of ORDALT installation candidates.
- Applicant must have exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Preferred applicant would have served at least one active duty tour onboard an AEGIS ship as Division Leading Chief or Combat Systems Maintenance Manager.
- Candidate will be located at PHD, will likely be seated on base. Candidate must currently possess or be able to obtain qualification as a NSWC PHD CSSQT/T&E Electronics Technician.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- BS degree OR minimum of 10 years' experience within Navy shipboard environment with 5 years focused on the AEGIS Combat System with expertise in fire control systems.
Possess superior leadership, attention to detail, and organizational skills with the confidence to work independently and to provide efficient response to task deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.