McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean is seeking a Electrical Engineering Technician to support the Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 200 Engineering Branch. The Electrical Engineering Technician will provide engineering, technical, repair and logistic support to forces afloat in identification and correction of material condition discrepancies in Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) systems to identify and correct systems material discrepancies; update and maintain configuration and availability report database systems; develop or update on board training and curriculum and conduct instruction in U.S. Naval Air Force Carriers or U.S. Naval Surface Force.
- Possesses an extensive working knowledge of Naval Shipboard acronyms, aircraft carrier and surface ship engineering electrical systems, equipment and operations
- Adept at compiling data and other information and forming them into clear, succinct products for senior leadership
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts quickly
- Self-motivated team player must be able to work independently
- Detail oriented and efficient at multitasking
- 8+ years of experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of naval or marine electrical/electronic generating equipment and distribution systems
- Active Duty Navy experience is a plus
- Navy Electrical NECs are highly desired
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.