Medical Record Abstraction Regional Project Manager-Southeast
Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country.
In addition, our Foundation provides grant opportunities to those with programs for under-served communities.
Best People, Best Solutions, Best Results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise data abstraction process and resolve documentation related issues.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel to ensure deliverables are timely and within prescribed budget.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Maintains working knowledge of customer needs and contract requirements, deliverables, resources required.
- Develops and utilizes management tools to monitor contract performance.
- Provides oversight of contractual requirements; maintaining a working knowledge of customer needs and contract requirements, deliverables, resource requirements, budget monitoring and adheres to cost projections, and operational efficiencies.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others, including written and oral updates and presentations.
- Ensures all deliverables are completed in a timely and efficient manner and as deemed acceptable by the customer.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice, interpret guidelines and to resolve problems.
- Works with assigned staff to ensure they have the skills and knowledge required to successfully handle their tasks, including completing departmental staff training for various audits and updates.
- Complies with contract requirements and other established protocols.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. May manage subordinate supervisors who supervise employees and/or directly supervise non-supervisory employees.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving /Critical Thinking- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops and communicates alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Assists in the development of project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service/Customer Relations - Responds promptly to customer needs; Continually solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Actively improves processes, products and services.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – Demonstrates the ability to make sound business decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Delegation – Effectively delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet, Presentation, Word Processing software. Familiarity with Access and Project Management software a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must possess knowledge of the structure and operations of the content area/program area, have demonstrated superior management skills and the ability to plan, implement, and complete projects.
- Superior organizational skills, and an ability to work with multi-disciplines and external customer on a regular basis and the ability to integrate with the activities of several different professionals on multiples projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external people at all levels in the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree. RN and a BSN required
- Three years direct medical record abstraction project management, supervision or other relevant experience.
- Masters preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active PMP, CPHQ, CPHM, CCM are desirable
Qlarant is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.