IT Network Security Analyst
Security Analyst is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, enhancing and maintaining EagleBank’s technical security controls in support of EagleBank’s Information Security Program. This role will be focused on performing in depth security analysis of EagleBank’s technology environments and integrating risk-based threat intelligence into the operational environment. The role also supports the ability to maintain assurance in our technical security controls so that risks to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of EagleBank’s information systems and infrastructure are sufficiently mitigated which, in turn, supports the Bank’s operational goals.
- Assist in enhancing the Bank’s IT Security Program by managing the day-to-day monitoring and alerting of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technology.
- Network monitoring, log management and log analysis from a variety of network sensors to investigate suspect network activity.
- Interpreting raw network traffic (e.g., packet capture) and determining whether activity is legitimate.
- Providing technical security assistance.
- Ensuring EagleBank Network and Information/Cybersecurity policies are adhered to by working with the Bank’s IT Security team and outsourced managed security service providers to resolve or mitigate network vulnerabilities.
- Utilizing all technical security systems and their corresponding or associated user/analyst interfaces, including host and client based firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, cryptographic systems, endpoint security systems, zero-day and anti-virus software to monitor network activity.
- Remaining informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies.
- Coordinating, and if required leading, security project improvements and implementations.
- Provides HelpDesk support.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Knowledge and experience of Unified Threat Management, SIEM technologies, Citrix, Windows Server operating system, firewall technologies, application layer security controls, and IDS/IPS technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking: networking topology, protocols and services.
- Familiarity with security best practice standards such as the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Top 20 Critical Security Controls, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, FFIEC Regulatory Cybersecurity Standards, FIPS, ITIL and COBIT.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Broad knowledge of computers and software applications
- Travel as required
- Ability to work extended hours, when necessary, to support operational requirements.
- Strong analytic and fact finding skills, along with meticulous attention to detail to document and present findings.
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of users who have varying levels of computer expertise.
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information/Cybersecurity or related discipline and at least three (3) years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience.
- One of the following certifications (or equivalent) preferred:
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- At least three (3) years of experience of working in a cybersecurity role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.