Adjunct Professor, Fire Science
Temp. - Short-Term Employment
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of an Adjunct Professor, Fire Science in the School of Health Professions to join our team of exceptional faculty. As an FSW adjunct, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'.
The School of Health Professions supports all degree and certificate programs of study offered at FSW. Through a broad curriculum, the SHP provides high-quality teaching and learning experiences that are accessible and affordable, and prepares students to achieve the majority of their general education competencies.
The School ardently serves as an economic, cultural and civic beacon in our community, while our fine and performing arts programs underscore our commitment to contribute to the rich and diverse cultural life of our community.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline)
- Holds and maintains a minimum of the Florida State Certified Firefighter II and Florida Fire Service Instructor I certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in creating and delivering course content
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the subject area to be taught and currency in the discipline
FSW Perks for Adjuncts:
- Ability to participate in a 403(b) retirement plan
- Ability to participate in various Wellness Initiatives
- Access to a variety of BUCS Perks offering discounts at numerous local businesses and vendors
This is not an online position.
Our locations offer you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle. If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.