Operations Clerk 3
Performs manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through Fed Ex, UPS, USPS or other similar carrier. Maintain necessary files and documentation. Utilizes small hand tools and operate scales, metering machines, etc. and primarily use hand trucks to move materials around. Typical shipping activities include: checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges, and attach information and shipping instructions on to boxes. May occasionally perform activities related to the receiving materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess or misdirected goods routes material to inspection, stores or other destinations. May require the operation of a pick truck.
Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work. Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques. Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage. Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions. Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Count and sort various product items. Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for the final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to the specified schedule. May prepare shipments of customer samples.
THIS POSITION IS A SPLIT SHIFT, EITHER 10 am - 6:30 pm OR 9 am TO 5:30 pm.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- High School/GED or equivalent experience in a warehouse environment
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Excellent knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques. Knowledge of shipping documents and the ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- May require skill in using heat sealers, cutters, hand, and power tools.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine the size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely