Corporate Accounting Manager
Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Corporate Accounting Manager. This position will Assists with planning and managing accounting initiatives and strategies for the business operating unit. This role will also manage all aspects of the accounting for the Corporate ledgers including preparing, booking and authorizing journal entries.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Manage all aspects of account reconciliations for the Corporate ledgers including preparation and review.
- Responsible for Corporate cash and debt.
- Responsible for Corporate fixed assets.
- Responsible for Corporate intercompany activity.
- Responsible for Corporate accruals.
- Assist in the oversight of global ARO/environmental.
- Assist in the oversight of global litigation accruals.
- Assist the SEC reporting team with quarterly and yearly reporting.
- Assist global consolidations with month end and year end close.
- Prepare and present quarterly Corporate results to management.
- Interact with both internal and external auditors.
- Prepare and review Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, testing and walkthrough for specified accounts.
- Work with other corporate departments to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Supervise accountants.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA Required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of Accounting or Finance experience required and month end close experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to create and maintain productive work relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in the English language.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Financial expertise and skills to effectively deliver the responsibilities outlined above including knowledge and familiarization with financial systems and other appropriate software.
- SAP and Hyperion/Onestream knowledge is preferred.
- Project Management skills required.
- Team-oriented and able to perform tasks where time management is key.
This position is located at 27300 West 11 Mile Road, Southfield, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.