Compliance Assistant Director 998442
Assistant Director for Compliance
Xavier University, a Jesuit Catholic institution, seeks applications for full-time Assistant Director for Compliance. Xavier is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. The Athletic Department welcomes a broad spectrum of candidates and particularly invites applications from diverse groups (e.g. gender, ethnicity/race, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Compliance and works cooperatively with Xavier University Department of Athletics coaches and staff, student-athletes, and other constituencies to provide day-to-day monitoring and education of all NCAA and Big East rules.
This position, along with all coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Xavier’s intercollegiate athletics program and for protecting the reputation of the University through compliance with all relevant rules.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee monitoring efforts in the areas of recruiting activities, student-athlete employment, initial and continuing eligibility, camps and clinics, roster management, financial aid, and playing and practice season regulations.
- Assist with the coordination of rules education programming by providing information and interpretation of NCAA rules for students, coaches, athletic staff and representatives of athletic interests.
- Assist the Director of Compliance with NCAA rules interpretations
- Administer the National Letter of Intent program; assist with the completion of APR and GSR reports and other NCAA and BIG EAST Conference compliance reporting requirements.
- Serve as secondary contact with NCAA and Big East staff and help organize student-athlete reinstatements and waiver requests.
- Serve as liaison to cross-campus constituencies (Admissions, Bursars Office, and Financial Aid)
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least two years of athletics compliance-related work experience in intercollegiate athletics.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), planning, problem-solving, negotiation, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, instruct and effectively communicate complex rules, regulations and policies from the University, Big East Conference and NCAA.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coaches, administrators, student-athletes, parents, faculty, staff, and high school staff members.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills in dealing sensitively with a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to influence and build work relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Handle multiple tasks and meet established deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Master’s Degree or Juris Doctor (JD) Degree.
- Experience with Compliance monitoring software (i.e. JumpForward/Teamworks)
- NAAC Certified
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website. Position will remain open until April 10, 2020.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.